New coach search...

ediT lloR

Aug 29, 2011
It could be that CGM decided to go to their board with an, "If you can't match Alabama's offer then I'm gone" scenario. Now they are scrambling to see what they can come up with.

Last edited:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
I thought this before and believe it even more now.....CBB needs to step down. He is a disaster and if given time, will continue to ruin what CMM built at the Capstone. We need a Bama man at the helm, not a retred tennessee guy.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This! Plus I don't think anyone actually thought GM would turn us down. Frankly, I can't understand why he would/could turn us down. Much more money and total control of the program? An SEC program no less.

I think ever since we got CNS , and retained him, everyone is under this false notion that if you throw money at it then theyll come. Marshall could either take a shot in the dark with us for 4 million or keep having success at WSU and get that blue chip job. Also if he comes here it is a given he will play second fiddle to football regardless if CNS is there throughout his tenure at the Capstone. Money isnt everything.

Cr1msoN4life

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
Hey id love to get marshall.. I'm also one the few fans that think Coach Mark gotfried should have never been let go...shoot id even take ole wimp back, even if we had to wheel him out there every practice.. I miss those spreewell horry benoit years... I also miss those grizzard winston and mo williams years.... Please come to bama mr marshall we Need yOU, and you can boldly take this team where no coach has taken us before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The final four...

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Hey id love to get marshall.. I'm also one the few fans that think Coach Mark gotfried should have never been let go...shoot id even take ole wimp back, even if we had to wheel him out there every practice.. I miss those spreewell horry benoit years... I also miss those grizzard winston and mo williams years.... Please come to bama mr marshall we Need yOU, and you can boldly take this team where no coach has taken us before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The final four...
If you knew the real reason CMG was let go, you wouldn't want him near Tuscaloosa ever again.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
CMG wasn't let go. He had to go and it wasn't W's and L's. The University had no choice. Just like Wimp had to be let go and DuBose had to be let go......hint, hint.....lawsuits, no-tell motel stuff....hint, hint.....

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Please no meltdown, it just makes other schools happy when they come over to lurk.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
1. the bear went to alabama.

bird riley are gm/presidents at nba teams that include ownership. (both have anet worth of over 50 million dollars)
jackson is at the knicks making 12 million a year.

and jordan is worth 1 billion dollars.

none of them have any ties to the UA...

So can we please talk about actual coaches who are intersted in coaching at the same level as us.

links for reference...

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/athletes/nba/pat-riley-net-worth/
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/10607795/phil-jackson-deal-new-york-knicks-finalized

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...re-michael-jordan-earned-100-million-in-2014/

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/nba/larry-bird-net-worth/

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
If Bama gets Archie Miller the search will have been a success. He was my number 2 behind Marshall ahead of Smart. Prohm or Pitino would be a nuclear winter perception wise and reality. IMO, Bama was never going after Howland or Barnes - I'm glad.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Uhh... Who would have been at "the top" if Marshall and Shaka were backup plans?

So, do you think Marshall is the "best" coach in all of basketball ? There were at least three names mentioned a while ago. They may have all said no, but we should've let 'em. We limited ourselves...maybe we aren't as dedicated to basketball as we thought.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So, do you think Marshall is the "best" coach in all of basketball ? There were at least three names mentioned a while ago. They may have all said no, but we should've let 'em. We limited ourselves...maybe we aren't as dedicated to basketball as we thought.
The best coach in all of basketball? Nope.

The best coach that would consider leaving?

No doubt. There's a difference there.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I really think that we are going to end up with a better coach than CAG. I think too many people want a "rock star" name or coach, but it doesn't take that win basketball games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.