New coach search...

KittyKatKiller

3rd Team
Mar 3, 2011
It's an interesting report. Pat Forde says Marshall isn't going to talk to Alabama, KEYN says an Austin private plane was in Wichita Sunday, Marshall talks to Alabama and now this (Smart is in talks with Texas)

So did Marshall turn down Texas Sunday ? Interesting time frame to say the least. Seems Pat Forde must have heard Texas was talking to Marshall and just assumed that Bama was out of the picture. No idea why he would tweet something so wrong unless he just assumed without thinking.

Well, we will not have long to wait.

I think CGM's son having graduated High School is a big plus, no one wants to take their kids away from a H.S. they attended for 4 years. Also, the University of Alabama is a much better university than anything Kansas has, for sure. That is thinking forward for his children.

4.1 million, and the full backing of the boosters and University would be tough to turn down.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I saw something that said he may be staying there tonight. I think they are working out details of the improvements he wants done. He probably has questions and may want his family to visit T-town if they haven't already.

Since I hear UTw has Smart as their 1st choice, I suspect he either stays put or he rolls with us. RTR

bamajas

1st Team
Oct 5, 2005
Jasper, AL
It's an interesting report. Pat Forde says Marshall isn't going to talk to Alabama, KEYN says an Austin private plane was in Wichita Sunday, Marshall talks to Alabama and now this (Smart is in talks with Texas)

So did Marshall turn down Texas Sunday ? Interesting time frame to say the least. Seems Pat Forde must have heard Texas was talking to Marshall and just assumed that Bama was out of the picture. No idea why he would tweet something so wrong unless he just assumed without thinking.

Well, we will not have long to wait.

I think CGM's son having graduated High School is a big plus, no one wants to take their kids away from a H.S. they attended for 4 years. Also, the University of Alabama is a much better university than anything Kansas has, for sure. That is thinking forward for his children.

4.1 million, and the full backing of the boosters and University would be tough to turn down.
Might not be coincidental that the only national media guys who are negative on Marshall to Alabama are Brando & Forde. AFTER the most recent "Smart is talking with Texas" report, Brando said Marshall's still in play at Texas and complimented ADBB on creating leverage. :/

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Might not be coincidental that the only national media guys who are negative on Marshall to Alabama are Brando & Forde. AFTER the most recent "Smart is talking with Texas" report, Brando said Marshall's still in play at Texas and complimented ADBB on creating leverage. :/
When is Brando not negative on Alabama??? LOL

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I wouldn't go that far. He'll find a way to speak negative of Bama, even when talking about someone else.
I agree on Brando, but Forde has always seemed to play things pretty fair with everybody. And, not the type to worry about making a splash with a story or comment based on a questionable source. If his comment about Marshall telling us not to bother turns out to be BS, I tend to think that he got played by a source that he had reason to believe. It happens even to the best writers.

Last edited:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I agree on Brando, but Forde has always seemed to play things pretty fair with everybody. And, not the type to worry about making a splash with a story or comment based on a questionable source. I tend to think, if his comment about Marshall telling us not to bother turns out to be BS, that he got played by a source that he had reason to believe. It happens even to the best writers.
I believe it was Forde who wrote a very scathing article against UA for letting Curry get away.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I believe it was Forde who wrote a very scathing article against UA for letting Curry get away.
If true, your memory is much better than mine. I'll take your word for it. But, if true, being THAT wrong about somebody like Bill Curry is its own punishment, isn't it? :wink:

And a scathing article about Saban being a liar when he was hired.
Well, technically... :wink:

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.