New coach search...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
None of those guys. It'll be someone... with experience. Steve Prohm isn't going to come to Alabama... Now, Tom Cream.No. I would say Brad Stevens from NBA could consider this one... He's not exactly happy up there...

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
We would have to throw some serious cash at Marshall to make him leave Wichita State and I hope we do

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'd make Marshall an offer hard to refuse...
With the huge surplus that the athletic department is running, they could do much worse than to invest it into the basketball program. Football and men's basketball are the two biggest revenue generators, so the right move here could pay off big.

Also, Marshall fits the bill in terms of what I'd like to see. A coach that has proven he can coach his team to an elite level. Not a promising assistant, not merely someone that got into the NCAA tournament in a crappy conference with an automatic bid, but someone that's shown their team is actually capable of doing something in the postseason.

Edit: With Grant, Alabama bought into a guy who had won just one game in the post season. That's once in three years. I agree he looked good on paper, I was enthused, but one win in three tournaments? That's not good...

Last edited:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Gregg Marshall and Brad Stevens are at the top of my list. If either of these guys are available then you do whatever it takes to make them the new coach.

Next would be Ben Howland.

Beyond that I would start looking at the best mid-major coaches, Richard Pitino, etc.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
With the huge surplus that the athletic department is running, they could do much worse than to invest it into the basketball program. Football and men's basketball are the two biggest revenue generators, so the right move here could pay off big.

Also, Marshall fits the bill in terms of what I'd like to see. A coach that has proven he can coach his team to an elite level. Not a promising assistant, not merely someone that got into the NCAA tournament in a crappy conference with an automatic bid, but someone that's shown their team is actually capable of doing something in the postseason.
Plus he has won at every stop and taken a team to the NCAA's at every stop too I believe. People forget Wichita State was undefeated come tournament time not too long ago

Sent from my LG G2 4GLTE via Verizon

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.