New coach search...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
We went through this at Florida last year when Muschamp was fired.

You should have seen the speculation threads...all the big names being bandied about.

Heck - there was even a thread here on Tide fans with tons of speculation - hyping all the 'big' names.

There was one guy though who mentioned in only one post Colorado State's Coach McElwain. One guy. And he was ignored....lol.

So yeah.....maybe it will be someone who no one even has mentioned. Or maybe that one guy who posted it only once.

I have to say - we couldn't be happier and the same could easily happen at Bama. Sometimes you just have to trust the AD.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Well I hope so considering that his job has reportedly been offered to Shaka Smart. LOL. Barnes probably picked up the phone and called Rick Ray and said "Well at least you got the opportunity to clean out your desk at Mississippi State before they found YOUR replacement....."

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Wow.... we have made it to 95 pages on this so far....Yep..No interest in Bama basketball here;) Seriously though..it's good to see.
I'm making a prediction: If Alasippi uses some of that Brylcreem, we will know who our New Basketball coach is by page 107. I was thinking page 105, but I'm a little pessimistic. So, it may take an extra 2 pages before a coach is named.

I wonder why they didn't spell it Brylcream? If you guys used it, you'd probably be bald by now.

P.S. How many pages did it take to finally hire Coach Saban?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Well I hope so considering that his job has reportedly been offered to Shaka Smart. LOL. Barnes probably picked up the phone and called Rick Ray and said "Well at least you got the opportunity to clean out your desk at Mississippi State before they found YOUR replacement....."
In listening to Coach Barnes firing celebration, I mean announcement, he seems to be a man of INTEGRITY which I greatly admire in an individual. He could keep his job, if he fired his assistants. Well, he didn't play that game with the A.D. at tu. Looks like Peterson is in the same mold as DeLoss.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I read on another board Barnes would not come here because Austin is such a cooler place than Tuscaloosa.

How did that work out with Saban?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
@ChipBrownHD: I think #WSU's Gregg Marshall has always been seriously considering #Alabama. If #Texas wants in, better move fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I read on another board Barnes would not come here because Austin is such a cooler place than Tuscaloosa.

Before anyone takes that job in Austin, they need to know that those allergies can be very BAD living in the Texas Hill Country. That cedar will seal up your nasal passages. Coach Marshall, do you have allergy problems?

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I think no official word of GM saying no to Bama the last two days is a big deal and tells me this can happen.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

I support any reason Barnes has or might come up with as to why he shouldn't come to Tuscaloosa. I hope he finds something else to do in Austin. Or Dallas. Or anywhere else, so long as he's definitely not in Tuscaloosa coaching our bball team.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I support any reason Barnes has or might come up with as to why he shouldn't come to Tuscaloosa. I hope he finds something else to do in Austin. Or Dallas. Or anywhere else, so long as he's definitely not in Tuscaloosa coaching our bball team.
Sorry. Meant to say Marshall.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Too many flip flops the last 24 hours... I'll be shocked to see Marshall to sign with Alabama by lunch time tomorrow.
Stop listening to all the rumors and wait for an official announcement. There is absolutely no proof of any flip-flops, only the Pat Forde article with some anonymous source that spouted off some obviously fake garbage. This is the basketball version of football's silly season before national signing day.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
I personally think it was Texas that was told no thank you from Marshall instead of the reporting he told Bama that. I also think that Smart is Texas' #1 because they have been told that Marshall is already working on a decision between WSU and Alabama and there was no reason to go in that direction.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.