New coach search...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm a little bit flabbergasted that his family would be blocking the move - IF he indeed truly wants the job.

I know you can fall in love with a community. I'm a home body myself. But if I had an opportunity to move into a job that was going to bring me joy and my family significantly more financial security, I believe my wife would be the biggest cheerleader for me to take the job.

I'm not criticizing his family at all, mind you. Family comes first and their happiness is just as important as his. It's just strange IMO, unless he has reservations himself about the move. Which is probably the case.

Whammer Jammer

1st Team
Dec 1, 2002
High Point,NC
Well anyway, with all the speculation I guess we can review what we do know. I might have something wrong, there have been so many false reports and rumors it's hard to tell what's what.

Battle visited Wichita Monday and spend around 8 hours there.
The Alabama position is still open.
The Texas position is still open.
Howland to Miss State.
Barnes to Tennessee
Prohm signed an extension.
Miller signed an extension.
One of Marshall's assistants left to coach another team.
Hasn't said yes or no yet which most feel is good for Bama

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
this is just Schrodinger's coach. Of course both sides have feelings they are going to get their way, but in reality, he is both head Coach of WSU and head coach of UA until the box opened. :)

Maybe we get to open the box today.

Hasn't said yes or no yet which most feel is good for Bama

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Generational wealth has to be considered too if you have family. I think the family is the holdup in this situation. I have heard they were here but I haven't been able to confirm that. I just want to end the drama because a-day is just around the corner;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidefanman

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010
Moody, AL
Sounds to me that he is interested (very) and just waiting on his family to buy in. If they do come to Tuscaloosa then I feel real good about it. Reminds me of driving the new car - SOLD!!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I have a hard time with this being drawn out. I grew up for part of my life as a military brat so I know what HSV means. When I got my first teaching job out here in 98 my wife didn't have anything to do with her degree and basically didn't do very much for 6 months. We needed Subs so she got her Sub certificate and started working at our school. She enjoyed it and got her regular teaching certificate. With 4 million dollars a year his wife can make some "lemonade" out of the lemons.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I have a hard time with this being drawn out. I grew up for part of my life as a military brat so I know what HSV means. When I got my first teaching job out here in 98 my wife didn't have anything to do with her degree and basically didn't do very much for 6 months. We needed Subs so she got her Sub certificate and started working at our school. She enjoyed it and got her regular teaching certificate. With 4 million dollars a year his wife can make some "lemonade" out of the lemons.
Good point and nobody likes change. Once you commit to the change it usually works out and you get used to the change. I have a feeling this may be happening and they will be convinced to accept the change and will adapt to the change.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I'm a little bit flabbergasted that his family would be blocking the move - IF he indeed truly wants the job.

I know you can fall in love with a community. I'm a home body myself. But if I had an opportunity to move into a job that was going to bring me joy and my family significantly more financial security, I believe my wife would be the biggest cheerleader for me to take the job.

I'm not criticizing his family at all, mind you. Family comes first and their happiness is just as important as his. It's just strange IMO, unless he has reservations himself about the move. Which is probably the case.
It sounds to me a bit like a typical business rejection. "I really want to do business with you but my partners just won't allow it.''

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Where did the Friday deadline come from? Like I said before I haven't heard ANY of this stuff people are posting from official sources. ALL speculation. I heard that CGM and his family were here yesterday. Was it officially announced? Heard he was in Texas today. Is that officially being mentioned. The speculation is running wild all over the place at this point. There isn't much else we can do other than wait because we don't know squat.
If we have to wait until Friday, will Good Friday be a good day?

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
Really cool reading all the different perspectives on "time"! My perspective is, it is good, these dudes are professionals. They have large lives with lot's to do, they don't waste time. On that thought, no is easy for them to say and we haven't heard a NO from anyone! They're wheeling and dealing and both sides are watching Texas!

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
BOL's latest update...

Almost the exact same message I was told by phone yesterday and posted on this thread. My source was a major donor and someone who would be privy to getting a little extra information. It's all about the family. Another reason I came down so hard on a few posters who jokingly made comments about family remembers having so much control over the future of our team. Sometimes, it is that simple and family members count just as much as the feelings of the coach himself. Don't ever underestimate how important it is to a coach that his family is on board and happy.

Glad to hear this from another viable source.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Where did the Friday deadline come from? Like I said before I haven't heard ANY of this stuff people are posting from official sources. ALL speculation. I heard that CGM and his family were here yesterday. Was it officially announced? Heard he was in Texas today. Is that officially being mentioned. The speculation is running wild all over the place at this point. There isn't much else we can do other than wait because we don't know squat.
Marshall was in Wichita yesterday. Link

I'm sure his kids are in school this week (unless it is their spring break) so the media would be all over it if they skipped classes.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Marshall was in Wichita yesterday. Link

I'm sure his kids are in school this week (unless it is their spring break) so the media would be all over it if they skipped classes.
I'm referring to all the "unsubstantiated reports." He's here, here's there. Battle's done this Battle's done that. Marshall told Bama to not waste their time. Marshall is very interested. He's a Tejas lock, no it's Shaka, No it's Avery Johnson, now it's the Celtics coach, now it's back to Marshall. There's a 18, 24, 48, Friday deadline. He loves the Midwest but he wants to come back to the South and on and on and on.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I'm referring to all the "unsubstantiated reports." He's here, here's there. Battle's done this Battle's done that. Marshall told Bama to not waste their time. Marshall is very interested. He's a Tejas lock, no it's Shaka, No it's Avery Johnson, now it's the Celtics coach, now it's back to Marshall. There's a 18, 24, 48, Friday deadline. He loves the Midwest but he wants to come back to the South and on and on and on.
Yep. This pretty much covers it. Essentially, no matter what each of us thinks, there is a scenario that's right. LOL

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I don't know. Over the years, I've turned down opportunities for advancement or promotions that required relocation. I came to understand long ago that my life is not just about me and what I want. All of our extended family is local. My wife is extremely close to all her siblings. About 25 years ago, we relocated to south Florida for my "career". I knew she didn't want to go, but did it for me. She wouldn't say it, but she was miserable. Family and that "connection" are everything her. After a couple of years, the first opportunity that came along to move back home, we did.

My wife has done most everything to support me in my career through 30 years of marriage. And she has done it simply because she loves me. And conversely, I should show the same love and consideration towards her. And for that reason, I'll never ask her make that sacrifice again unless she assures me she can do it with peace and acceptance in her heart and mind.

Money and career advancement are important. But in the context of my family and their happiness, it places second. And I can live with that.

I can only have respect for Coach Marshall doing the same.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.