New coach search...

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I still want him as a coach. If we get him fine, if not OK also. I don't mind him believing in himself.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I still want him as a coach. If we get him fine, if not OK also. I don't mind him believing in himself.
I agree. ND is playing great ball right now. I would have had them in my final 4 had they not been in UK's region. They just ran into a better team. I don't think the players played any different tonight than they would have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Top 10 Winningest Coaches the past 5 years. When you have a chance to go after one of them, and have at least a punchers chance of landing him (even though I have said repeatedly he wouldn't come...I am prepared to eat lots of crow), you go for it.

188-37 John Calipari
183-38 Bill Self
181-36 Mike Krzyzewski
175-38 Gregg Marshall
173-36 Mark Few
172-48 Thad Matta
167-45 Jim Boeheim
167-52 Rick Pitino
166-45 Steve Fisher
163-56 Shaka Smart
Yeah, you've got to make the offer with those numbers.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
BTW - he never said in that interview with Rome that it would take "a lot". He said if we want to make "Crazy Offer" he would listen and it would take that type of offer to get him to leave. Nothing "brash" about that. He never said the phrase "a lot"!

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
After tonight, and the way he's "blah blah blahed" about how big of an offer it's gonna take, I think we should tell him thank you and goodbye. This guy, (Go back in my posts) doesn't deserve the money we were talking about paying him.
I don't want him to be our coach and never have. Will I support him if he's hired? Yes.
We can do better.
He lost me when he went public and addressed the offer from us, or the possibility of an offer from us.
People say they "admire him" for his honesty.
His players didn't. He blew them out of the water. He was THEIR coach. Then he "maybe" was.
I think he's BS and NO, I don't want him.
sip
So you prefer the BS of "I won't be Bama's coach or the worse BS "I'm focusing on my team blah blah..." when every single coach must privately address those issues.

As far as his team's "response" tonight, your arrogance is overwhelming. You nor I have a clue as to their mindset. I just know your conclusion flies in the face of past multiple expressions of support for their coach's possible personal advancement to another job. They have stated that they know it is a business and want the best for him. I go with logic and his players support over your pompous "insight" into other peoples' hearts as to what happened tonight.

I think you doubted seriously that Bama had the cache to land a coach of Marshall's caliber. If that is true I hope that has not corrupted your judgment as you comment.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I would honestly quit being a Bama basketball fan if that happened. I cannot stand Barnes and that goes back to Clemson. I remember ol Coach Smith almost went toe to toe with him one night. First time I ever seen Coach Smith mad enough that he wanted to fight I think on the court.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
My biggest worry is this CrossFit workout I have to do tomorrow morning lol! Btw this Charles Barkley Indianapolis commercial is hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm still worried about the last 3 min. of the Bama/Fla SEC Championship game! I sure hope Antonio Langham does something.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Brian Davis@BDavisAAS 35m35 minutes ago
Source: Texas AD Steve Patterson pressuring Rick Barnes to make staff changes. If assistants don't change, Patterson will change head coach.

I'm telling you guys....... Between Tennessee and Possibility Texas...... and more jobs opening up in next few days..
Personally I think Bama would be a better fit for Marshall than Texas. Tennessee would be interesting for him given its Bball passion. We're going to upgrade considerably which is why I'm optimistic. It is also why I put my order in for season tickets. I cancelled them in protest of them cashing in the last two seasons by keeping Grant.

In other news WV players should have kept their mouths shut about UK. What a thrashing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.