New coach search...

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Lucky just posted a new post, no idea since the VIP is on the down low lol. Ready for a new coach to get to T-Town and get to work. Going to be at every weekend game next year.

Marshall, Shaka or Miller (Either one ) would make me gleeful. Goodness I am glad the slow down game is gone.
I think there is interest in Miller from the Bama side of things as far as a candidate.

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Guys, I'm so terribly sorry. I've tried to edit my original post to blue font as intended to protect all these fragile feelings but my phone isn't letting me. Hang in there!
Tides, I wasn't necessarily talking about your post. I just was agreeing with what he had to say about wanting someone who cared about their family's feelings.

RTR

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I'm right there with you. While I certainly have my preference I think we are upgrading and committing to try and bring excellence back to the hardwood. To me that's worth getting excited about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
To further my point above, Wichita fans probably would be filling their arena if they went through a decade-long doldrum like Alabama basketball. Pure and simple. All fanbases have a breaking point. Unless you're the UK b-ball, Alabama f-ball programs of the college sports world, your attendance will nose dive if there is a longterm downslide.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Wow, such a simple, facetious comment taken SO seriously. Most any dad with with a sense of humor whatsoever would smile at the thought. Nothing more, nothing less.
As a Dad, with a daughter and a sense of humor, I can tell you: not funny.

It has nothing to do with fragile feelings-it deals with someone tired of the incessant putting down of today's kids.

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think this is the perfect opportunity to teach your kids about economics. :) It's $4m per year! Get in the truck we are headed to Tuscaloosa.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I think this is the perfect opportunity to teach your kids about economics. :) It's $4m per year! Get in the truck we are headed to Tuscaloosa.
Money isn't everything-that's a more important lesson that I hope Gregg Marshall is teaching his kids.

KittyKatKiller

3rd Team
Mar 3, 2011
If they offered me 4 Million big, I would b like Romney, everything packed ? Dog on the roof ? LETS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I Heard he is keeping in touch with Bama throughout this process, keeping them informed. That he is mostly concerned about his family...... and HIS LEGACY ?? A little odd there, a good coach takes care of his own legacy. Maybe that is a signal he wants to be like Mark Few, a big fish in a little pond !!!

Also heard that Bama officials thought they would have had the decision by now. Guy must be torn.

RTR

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Lucky just posted a new post, no idea since the VIP is on the down low lol. Ready for a new coach to get to T-Town and get to work. Going to be at every weekend game next year.

Marshall, Shaka or Miller (Either one ) would make me gleeful. Goodness I am glad the slow down game is gone.
Until this coaching hire I never went to the BoL website so I'm not 100% certain how it works but that thread has a green arrow with a 49 which I believe is an indicator of popularity. If so, the info that Lucky gave must have been good news.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
As a Dad, with a daughter and a sense of humor, I can tell you: not funny.

It has nothing to do with fragile feelings-it deals with someone tired of the incessant putting down of today's kids.
Fair enough. Differing opinions and entirely different approaches. Neither is the authority. Let's leave it at that.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Until this coaching hire I never went to the BoL website so I'm not 100% certain how it works but that thread has a green arrow with a 49 which I believe is an indicator of popularity. If so, the info that Lucky gave must have been good news.
There is some pretty positive and confident posts over there

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
I apologize and agree with his assessment coming from his perspective. Mine was just an entirely different perspective, one of a little levity during an anxious time. I just hadn't planned to have to defend myself so fiercely over such a simple comment.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
LIKE! I understand the family input part, however it's not like he's being asked to move to Australian Bush in order to coach basketball. There is a lot to do in Tuscaloosa and in Alabama in general. The only thing that I wonder is if he left South Carolina to get away from the "South". I can't see how living in Alabama would be much different. In fact, it might be an upgrade from South Carolina.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
LIKE! I understand the family input part, however it's not like he's being asked to move to Australian Bush in order to coach basketball. There is a lot to do in Tuscaloosa and in Alabama in general. The only thing that I wonder is if he left South Carolina to get away from the "South". I can't see how living in Alabama would be much different. In fact, it might be an upgrade from South Carolina.
IIRC, he wanted the South Carolina job when Frank Martin was hired, so he didn't go to WSU to escape the South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Money can't buy happiness, but if you got enough of it you can serve a pretty good brand of misery on a better side of town! - Archie Campbell.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
I second that, LD! The perspective of some is that he'd be relinquishing his soul and destroying all loved ones as human beings, but at least a few are on board.

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Has anybody heard when we might have an answer from Marshall? I think if I knew that I wouldn't be going back and forth between 3 boards looking to see if there was anything new.

This is driving me crazy!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
From what Lucky says on BOL:

1. No timetable, although they think 24-48 hours.

2. They were in touch before his final game.

3. Situation still "fluid".

Has anybody heard when we might have an answer from Marshall? I think if I knew that I wouldn't be going back and forth between 3 boards looking to see if there was anything new.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

Probably the same 3 boards I am going through. lol. It wouldn't surprise me if the time table starts to stretch a little though

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.