New coach search...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
That is not encouraging, and no news is bad news. IF we are going to get him it is going to happen quick. (or at least news of it will be reported quickly)
Did you forget to use a blue font? I would consider Sunday/Monday to be VERY quick for a major decision like this.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
For the official "introduction press conference" . Yes that is fine.

But for just hearing something - no, there has been two weeks for CBB to put together a deal, others will have as well. I am sure his agent has already given him the fly over view of that deal. If we hear nothing before sunday, I Would be concerned.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
So difficult not to be anxious, etc.

Another way to see this is that it is a great opportunity to move basketball at Alabama to a MUCH higher level.

Thanks to Tidefans.com for a site we can vent, speculate, etc with other lovers of the Crimson Tide.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I see lots of description of a perceived "problem" on how he addressed the questions he was expectedly bombarded with. But no solutions.

Do tell, how would you have handled this, time after time? I mean, the guy can't ignore his media responsibilities, during Sweet 16/Elite 8 week!

You didn't like his "honesty". So, you prefer a lie? Or a "no comment", which really is a comment to the media?

Tell, me, what is a "win" here for him, besides what he might tell his players behind closed doors?

Could it be that they lost last night, simply because the Irish were the better team last night?
I would have told Jim Rome in advance, "I will not answer questions about Bama". That simple.
If Rome asked anyway, which he probably would have done, I would have said, "Jim, I'm the coach at Wichita State and my 100% focus and attention are on my team and helping them win a championship. I understand that as a good reporter it's your job to ask questions like these, but I'm not addressing any question that isn't about our game with Notre Dame". A little coaching from a good P.R. guy would have been much better than what he did.
On the other topic, Notre Dame looked very good, but again, to me, WSU looked flat from the get go. They weren't even close to the team that beat Kansas, especially from an intensity perspective.
That being said, Notre Dame's coaches Mother did pass away I believe last week, so his players my be giving it everything they have to win the tournament in her honor. That would explain a large discrepancy in intensity as well.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Officially they said "Announcement Sunday with PC on Monday.

But for just hearing something - no, there has been two weeks for CBB to put together a deal, others will have as well. I am sure his agent has already given him the fly over view of that deal. If we hear nothing before sunday, I Would be concerned.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

I doubt very seriously that it was a done deal and some have reported although I do agree with you that a lot of preliminary steps have already been taken. However, 2-3 days is VERY, VERY quick for a major decision like this. Marshall seems to be someone that puts his family first and he isn't going to jump for a lot more money which would equal a quick decision. He will weigh everything before making a decision and I have no doubt he is doing that at this very moment. I look at things through crimson-colored glasses but I think he will realize that the opportunity to be the head basketball coach at The University of Alabama is an opportunity that he cannot refuse and we will be announcing this decision NLT Monday afternoon. If it goes beyond Monday then I think there is a snag in the negotiations.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Tyndall out at Tennessee. The talking heads already casting aspersions on the "fit" of Marshall at Alabama and that Marshall would be much better off and find greater success at UT.

Guess we really are the "evil empire" of the SEC.
Yes, Tennessee isn't big into football like us so he'd be happier there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes, Tennessee isn't big into football like us so he'd be happier there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the Brando chorus - BB isn't as important here as UT. I guess, even with the damage done by Hobbs, CMG (latter years) and Grant, we are still second behind UK. However, we all know Brando is an idiot. It almost killed him to see CNS come here. Maybe Marshall will finish him off...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just a thought for those worried about the timing of the announcement - the NCAA probably wouldn't like for Alabama to announce such a hire during the Elite Eight. Depending on the time Sunday, the games will be over.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
That's the Brando chorus - BB isn't as important here as UT. I guess, even with the damage done by Hobbs, CMG (latter years) and Grant, we are still second behind UK. However, we all know Brando is an idiot. It almost killed him to see CNS come here. Maybe Marshall will finish him off...
With any luck...

But I'm struggling to understand where this notion that basketball is so important to Tennessee comes from. Women's basketball? Certainly. But I've never seen anything out of them on the men's side that showed them to be anymore caring than we are.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.