New coach search...

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
If they haven't come here, my feeling he isn't coming. We do not know for sure whether they have come to look around or not. I would not think his wife would agree to move to a new city site unseen. How would you like to move your wife to say Auburn without her seeing it. That is how divorces happen.
How many multi-million dollar homes do you have to look at before they all look the same? He will be in the highest yuppity subdivision in Tuscaloosa, with access to whatever they want, whenever they want it. Do you really have to come see that? He's moving from Kansas, so the terrain would probably be the biggest adjustments for his family. "What are these drastic changes in elevation and why does my car slow down so much?" ;)

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
No chance in that. If I had a home in hell and a house in auburn, I would sell my house and move home.
Sticking with the fRan comments, wasn't he the one that made a comment in his initial press conference that he didn't need to see what this place looked like to know what it meant? Maybe it was Price. I'm remembering someone being asked how they could make a decision to come here sight unseen. Whichever it was, not really a good example for the current discussion, but something that came to mind.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I just saw a tweet on Twitter that said Marshall had hired Anthony Grant to replace the coach that left their staff for a HC job last week. I was freaking out and then I remembered, April Fool's. :rolleyes:

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
I think maybe the poster that commented about the social consciousness of a 14 year old girl was actually talking about the emotional roller coaster exhibited by posters on this board :)

EDIT: I include myself in this. I have checked this thread probably 20x a day for the last week.
Thank you.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
How many multi-million dollar homes do you have to look at before they all look the same? He will be in the highest yuppity subdivision in Tuscaloosa, with access to whatever they want, whenever they want it. Do you really have to come see that? He's moving from Kansas, so the terrain would probably be the biggest adjustments for his family. "What are these drastic changes in elevation and why does my car slow down so much?" ;)
And what's this moisture on my skin, and where did Winter go?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
A friend of mine lives in Kansas. He's commented before that if you take the land area of Kansas and compare it to the highest and lowest points, it is literally flatter than a pancake. OTOH, the high point in Kansas is still higher than Mt. Cheaha.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Ok, first off there are reports to indicate that there has been some sort of contact with Marshall, but that Texas isn't as interested in Marshall as he is in Texas. Don't know if that's true, but I don't think you can rule that out until they have a new coach.

Secondly, there is no reason at all... none to keep this secret until Friday. That would be incredibly stupid on everyone's part. For one, you want to make Marshall announce it ASAP because it binds him to Alabama. You don't give him time for cold feet, you want the press conference and get this thing buttoned up. Some sort of super secret let's wait thing is the type of deal you'd do when he was still coaching his team in the tournament, not one you do now when Wichita St. would need a new coach and Alabama needs to recruit.

So, all we can really conclude is it's not a done deal yet. May be he's on the line, may be he's not, but Alabama simply can't give him too long. It's both a good sign he hasn't said no, and a bad sign he hasn't said yes. It's like a marriage proposal, if she has to think about it too long that's not a good thing...
I woke up optimistic and you are bringing me down! :) I really don't think it will drag out to Friday and I do think there will be some type of news today (see my previous post). The only reason to wait until the end of the week is to time it as close to the start of the final 4 as possible to get as much publicity as possible. Do I think we are doing that? But big announcements have been timed this way before by us and others.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
This is a family that has moved before and will undoubtedly move again. The kids may not like it but they certainly must realize that their father works in an industry where successful individuals are presented with opportunities that unfortunately require families to relocate. This delay makes me wonder whether they might be weighing both the quality of life indices ofTuscaloosa and the basketball program at Bama compared to that of Austin or other locale and delaying the process as long as possible until they get the phone call they really want.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
How do you know he didn't?

How do we know others haven't been contacted?

Truth is we don't.

All these comments of negativity are simply 100% speculation. If nothing happens today I'll be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!!!!!

So much psychoanalysis from this board on this subject.

Speculation is one thing but this has reached tin foil hat status.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I woke up optimistic and you are bringing me down! :) I really don't think it will drag out to Friday and I do think there will be some type of news today (see my previous post). The only reason to wait until the end of the week is to time it as close to the start of the final 4 as possible to get as much publicity as possible. Do I think we are doing that? But big announcements have been timed this way before by us and others.
Where did the Friday deadline come from? Like I said before I haven't heard ANY of this stuff people are posting from official sources. ALL speculation. I heard that CGM and his family were here yesterday. Was it officially announced? Heard he was in Texas today. Is that officially being mentioned. The speculation is running wild all over the place at this point. There isn't much else we can do other than wait because we don't know squat.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
:smile: :biggrin:

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Sticking with the fRan comments, wasn't he the one that made a comment in his initial press conference that he didn't need to see what this place looked like to know what it meant? Maybe it was Price. I'm remembering someone being asked how they could make a decision to come here sight unseen. Whichever it was, not really a good example for the current discussion, but something that came to mind.
Basketball is a little from football on that front. The hours on the job--while long and hard--aren't quite as long as in football, so basketball coaches get to be away from the confines of the practice facility a bit more and be in the community some. Practice times are shorter, there are fewer players to deal with, fewer players to recruit, a smaller staff of assistants to manage, etc. There's a reason basketball coaches are typically better golfers than football coaches.

In football, it has been said many times that the insides of modern, fancy football facilities on campuses look the same. Only the school colors are different. And that's where many coaches spend all the daylight hours, so the rest of the community doesn't matter as much (except for the spouses and families).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.