Best of Luck Coach Grant

BamaDaddy

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2002
Pawleys Island, SC
I'd like to wish Coach Grant the best of luck. I feel that he is truly a class act and runs a good program. I am just sorry that it was not reflected in wins/losses, tournament invites, and also increased interest in the program and increased attendance at Coleman. Kinda reminds me of the Shula situation--both class acts as individuals and coaches and wanted the best for their programs, but just weren't getting it done.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Agree! CAG by all accounts is a great person and led our program with Integrity and class. I wished the outcome would've been different but, CBB made the only decision that made sense. I wish him and his family all the best!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
No NCAA problems, the players graduated and he didn't sleep with anyone he wasn't supposed to. He did everything we wanted in a coach except win, and his record wasn't super horrible on a Tony Barbee level.

Good luck Coach Grant and good luck at our next job.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
No NCAA problems, the players graduated and he didn't sleep with anyone he wasn't supposed to. He did everything we wanted in a coach except win, and his record wasn't super horrible on a Tony Barbee level.

Good luck Coach Grant and good luck at our next job.
Well said

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I had the opportunity to meet him when the team came up and played prior to the NIT final four in 2011. We took a picture together. He was a classy guy and hoping he will bounce back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I never had anything personally against him. I think he is a great person with way more class than 99% of all coaches out there, but winning is what he is paid to do. He has graduated his players, kept the program clean, and the kids stayed out of trouble. He is to be commended for those things.

I do hope he gets another job quickly and I feel he will be an asset as an assistant at some program. He will be a great defensive coach.

tide13

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2002
Birmingham
I came on the board hoping there was a thread like this, so I was glad to find it. And, I felt good about the posts until I read the last one. Maybe we should have BamaFanNKy hired as our Athletic Director since he evidently has such keen insight. I guess living in Kentucky gives one that...

I don't think in any way that Anthony Grant has been a bust. He leaves Alabama with a winning record and only one losing season. His teams won 20 games or more 3 of the 6 seasons he was here. He recruited well and his players represented the University well. He may not have won as many games as most of wanted, but to suggest his hiring was a "bust" is ludicrous.

In the end, the decision made today was likely the correct one. But lets no call the Grant tenure something it wasn't. It wasn't perfect. But, it was nowhere near a bust.

Best of luck to cach Grant, and to all the players who clearly played hard for him.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I'll 2nd that WISH in BEST OF LUCK to Coach Anthony Grant. He is a CLASS ACT and Bama was lucky to have him. Here's hoping he catches on at a legitimate Big time Basketball school and wins the NCAA. That Bama was/is NOT! We are a FOOTBALL school, always have been, always will be.

Will Bama win 10 games next year? Maybe NOT! They'll probably lose TWO games to the Barn. Will everybody be HAPPY then?

Will Bama have a TOUGH time hiring a great basketball coach? I think they will? I guess $$,$$$,$$$ talks, but I don't see any improvement in the near future. I see some decline and possible discipline problems if the RIGHT coach is not hired.

If we hired a coach like Calapari at UK, we'd have to pay him comparable to Coach Saban. What does he make at UK? If you want the BEST, might as well go after the BEST!

I predict 8 or 9 wins next year.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'll 2nd that WISH in BEST OF LUCK to Coach Anthony Grant. He is a CLASS ACT and Bama was lucky to have him. Here's hoping he catches on at a legitimate Big time Basketball school and wins the NCAA. That Bama was/is NOT! We are a FOOTBALL school, always have been, always will be.

Will Bama win 10 games next year? Maybe NOT! They'll probably lose TWO games to the Barn. Will everybody be HAPPY then?

Will Bama have a TOUGH time hiring a great basketball coach? I think they will? I guess $$,$$$,$$$ talks, but I don't see any improvement in the near future. I see some decline and possible discipline problems if the RIGHT coach is not hired.

If we hired a coach like Calapari at UK, we'd have to pay him comparable to Coach Saban. What does he make at UK? If you want the BEST, might as well go after the BEST!

I predict 8 or 9 wins next year.
I think you are selling our program a little short. We are not KY, but we have traditionally been the second best team in the SEC over the years to KY. That has changed in recent years with FL's success and our struggles, but we do have a decent tradition of historically being one of the better program's in the SEC.

I think a fair comparison might be what UT football is right now. They've fallen and been down in recent years, but they are capable of rising again and most likely they will with time. We'll do the same thing in basketball, and that will happen a lot sooner with a quality hire.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.