Link: Reaction from Ingram on Grant Firing

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
I don't get the reasoning, Ingram decommits from Bama because Grant will not be there and because Pettway possibly won't be there, but may sign with a school that will definitely not have them on that schools staff. Someone explain the reasoning to me.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't get the reasoning, Ingram decommits from Bama because Grant will not be there and because Pettway possibly won't be there, but may sign with a school that will definitely not have them on that schools staff. Someone explain the reasoning to me.
Pretty simple. He committed to Alabama because of Grant and Pettway, which many kids do. If those two aren't at Alabama, he'll go to another school. His relationship with Grant and/or Pettway overcame any negatives Alabama had compared to other schools. If Pettway is gone, Alabama's negatives become more prominent in the decision.

bamaman65

All-SEC
Feb 27, 2006
North Alabama
Pretty simple. He committed to Alabama because of Grant and Pettway, which many kids do. If those two aren't at Alabama, he'll go to another school. His relationship with Grant and/or Pettway overcame any negatives Alabama had compared to other schools. If Pettway is gone, Alabama's negatives become more prominent in the decision.
How is he to know if he will like the coaches at other schools more than who Alabama hires.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
How is he to know if he will like the coaches at other schools more than who Alabama hires.
Unless the new coach was recruiting him at a previous school or keeps Pettway, Ingram will have no relationship with staff members. He'll at least have a relationship with the staff at other schools.

pchil86

3rd Team
Feb 16, 2014
Unless the new coach was recruiting him at a previous school or keeps Pettway, Ingram will have no relationship with staff members. He'll at least have a relationship with the staff at other schools.
In that article I posted, Ingram says alabamas top candidate for head coach should be Gregg Marshall.....sounds like he'll stay if we hire Marshall

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thinking that CAJ may be the hire that may bring Ingram back into the fold. I'm really excited about this hire.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Thinking that CAJ may be the hire that may bring Ingram back into the fold. I'm really excited about this hire.
I'll go ahead and call it...Ingram is back on board already. There will be a few more calls this week. AJ is on the prowl for NBA talent.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Showing my ignorance here, and I know I can search for a thread on him, but tell me a little about Ingram. My impression from reading on here is that he must be a stud, but he is a 3-star guy. Is he underrated, or are we at the point where a 3-star player is a must-get for us?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Showing my ignorance here, and I know I can search for a thread on him, but tell me a little about Ingram. My impression from reading on here is that he must be a stud, but he is a 3-star guy. Is he underrated, or are we at the point where a 3-star player is a must-get for us?

Probably that and we just aren't even remotely on the radar for elite talent. That should change.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm no basketball recruiting expert but IMHO our signing class this year, including Ingram, is underrated based on their potential. They all will need to be coached up but the ability is there. It's doubtful that any of them will start as a freshmen but could get some meaningful minutes and be starters by their sophomore and/or junior years. I'm anxious to see what CAJ's philosophy is on getting backups meaningful minutes. I hope he makes it a priority to develop depth.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
To me this years class, is very average. It was a bad year in state. Next year though, there are a couple of great kids and it starts with langford.

I'm no basketball recruiting expert but IMHO our signing class this year, including Ingram, is underrated based on their potential. They all will need to be coached up but the ability is there. It's doubtful that any of them will start as a freshmen but could get some meaningful minutes and be starters by their sophomore and/or junior years. I'm anxious to see what CAJ's philosophy is on getting backups meaningful minutes. I hope he makes it a priority to develop depth.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Grant didn't exactly leave a strong incoming class or inroads with the next class in recruiting, but I think CAJ will make up a lot of ground in a hurry. If he can recruit like I think he can, we'll be a team that will compete on a high level in the conference in 2 or 3 years. I think we'll be decent next year, and I think we'll be a success if we make the NIT. I'd rather make the big dance, but you have to crawl before you can walk.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.