Link: Reaction from Ingram on Grant Firing

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He can only get two or three players for this year...
Grant didn't exactly leave a strong incoming class or inroads with the next class in recruiting, but I think CAJ will make up a lot of ground in a hurry. If he can recruit like I think he can, we'll be a team that will compete on a high level in the conference in 2 or 3 years. I think we'll be decent next year, and I think we'll be a success if we make the NIT. I'd rather make the big dance, but you have to crawl before you can walk.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
As of now, We have 13 players on the team. Three are leaving the team. Randloph, Slaughter and Cooper. So we currently have one signee. Ingram will make second one if he decide to join us. We have one spot opening, so We could see a flip from someone... I don't know if a player or two will transfer, it's possibly they will remain intact. We just need another big body in the paint and we'll be okay. Coleman can truly develop into a PG that Johnson is wanting him to be. Tarrant and Mitchell should be interesting to watch as well Hale. This is the team that should've won more games this year. This is a team that could easily won 24 25 games this season. NExt year, I expect the current player to improve a lot.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
As of now, We have 13 players on the team. Three are leaving the team. Randloph, Slaughter and Cooper. So we currently have one signee. Ingram will make second one if he decide to join us. We have one spot opening, so We could see a flip from someone... I don't know if a player or two will transfer, it's possibly they will remain intact. We just need another big body in the paint and we'll be okay. Coleman can truly develop into a PG that Johnson is wanting him to be. Tarrant and Mitchell should be interesting to watch as well Hale. This is the team that should've won more games this year. This is a team that could easily won 24 25 games this season. NExt year, I expect the current player to improve a lot.
We have 2 signees, Donta Hall & Brandon Austin. Dazon Ingram will be #3 is he sticks with his commitment. My understanding is that there is room for 1 more signee in addition to Ingram. We don't know yet if there will be any transfers from the current roster. If there are then that would obviously open up more schollys. About the incoming class, I only know what I have read from other sources but it sounds like Hall is a lot like Taylor but further along at this stage of his career. Unless we can bring in another big man Hall will have to contribute early on just because we are so thin on the inside. Austin is a very athletic small forward/guard that has a lot of athletic ability but will need to be developed. My guess is he is headed for a redshirt season but perhaps he can contribute more quickly. Ingram is the more college ready of the three and looking at his offer sheet he has some fairly good offers. If he signs with us then I expect him to contribute this year. None of these guys will be one-and-done players but all 3 could be solid-to-very-good with hard work and good coaching.

Last edited:

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
In Cecil Hurt's latest column, he quotes Coach Johnson re: recruiting:

Coach Johnson said:
“We want to recruit the state of Alabama heavily. We also want to recruit nationwide. That’s my next order of business, as soon as I meet the team, to get certified (per NCAA regulations) and get out and get in front of some players.

“I already know where I am going first.”
I think we do too. :)

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Uh! Oh! Looks like Calipari has contacted Ingram.
The 1st major test of Coach Avery Johnson as a recruiter. Ingram is anything, but a one and done. He needs to enroll here and get experience from the best PG possible. UK still has Ulis and no freshman is going to unseat him. He'll get lost in shuffle at UK.

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
The 1st major test of Coach Avery Johnson as a recruiter. Ingram is anything, but a one and done. He needs to enroll here and get experience from the best PG possible. UK still has Ulis and no freshman is going to unseat him. He'll get lost in shuffle at UK.
That's called playing the field, and eventually it gets a little old. Kind of like the prettiest girl in school who knows it. Maybe they just need to move on and get away from all the name dropping that keeps making headlines with this kid.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I still think that Ingram winds up at Alabama. It may take a few days for it all to play out.

rtr

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
It's no longer there. Please remove Mods if needed. I saw on Rivals.. Not sure if someone posted by mistake or not. Sorry about that. Well that sucks. LOL

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Honestly, is that really a choice at the moment? It's the e exact opposite situation in football. "The tables have turned Charlie Murphy!"

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Local news in Mobile doesn't even list UK as an option (Wichita State, Houston and Bama). 'word' is that it's Bama.

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.