Could Tebow make a return to the NFL?

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
So Tim Tebow worked out with the Eagles yesterday for reasons unknown. Could he be a viable QB again in the NFL? I could see him as third string with the Eagles and have him as holder on FG's and PAT's and run trick plays. Also he could be used in short yardage situations. Who knows if he is a deep ball threat or not. I' glad Chip Kelly gave him a look.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
If I were him I'd stay on the SEC Network and hang around college campuses as much as possible.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I hope he does and becomes a lifelong third-stringer. If for nothing else, to get him out of the booth. I am still bitter about his unabashed homerism for OSU before the Sugar Bowl and during the broadcast.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I doubt it will ever happen. Tebow is just not that good of a player - although he has won more playoff games than Sam Bradford and just as many Heismans.

Oh, and he beat Bradford head-to-head for a national title.

While I realize none of that matters in the NFL, it still seems to me you can't have it both ways. Why does Bradford, who has been awful, get traded for and Tebow can't even get a shot to try out? You can argue Bradford's mechanics are better all you wish but......when you look at that triumvirate of Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow - none of whom set the world on fire - Tebow (and I'll admit I'm shocked) has had the most successful NFL career of the three.

And this isn't some insane anti-Christian thing with me any more than Michael Sam is not in the NFL now because of his particular issue. They just aren't NFL level football players, that's all.

And it really ought to be that simple.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I doubt it will ever happen. Tebow is just not that good of a player - although he has won more playoff games than Sam Bradford and just as many Heismans.

Oh, and he beat Bradford head-to-head for a national title.

While I realize none of that matters in the NFL, it still seems to me you can't have it both ways. Why does Bradford, who has been awful, get traded for and Tebow can't even get a shot to try out? You can argue Bradford's mechanics are better all you wish but......when you look at that triumvirate of Bradford, McCoy, and Tebow - none of whom set the world on fire - Tebow (and I'll admit I'm shocked) has had the most successful NFL career of the three.

And this isn't some insane anti-Christian thing with me any more than Michael Sam is not in the NFL now because of his particular issue. They just aren't NFL level football players, that's all.

And it really ought to be that simple.
And I think it is just that simple. When Tebow was a senior at UF he wasn't seen by many as a player with the talents and abilities necessary on the NFL. It was no surprise when those opinions were proven true. Now that he's been working as a talking head I think he's reached the pinnacle of his sports career. I don't see him successfully reviving a NFL playing career that never really was.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And I think it is just that simple. When Tebow was a senior at UF he wasn't seen by many as a player with the talents and abilities necessary on the NFL. It was no surprise when those opinions were proven true. Now that he's been working as a talking head I think he's reached the pinnacle of his sports career. I don't see him successfully reviving a NFL playing career that never really was.
All fine - but then why is Bradford still in the NFL?

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
While I think it's a foregone conclusion that Tebow will never make it to the Hall of Fame, dude is a football player that elevates the rest of his team. Sure his throws aren't spirals but they tend to get caught (by somebody). He also is a running threat which opens up the playbook. He's a winner and I don't understand why he's not on a NFL roster.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.