Game Thread: ****Official Game Thread - Bama vs. UI****

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Just wow... I don't know if 30 second is helping us, I don't know what... but they're playing with urgency, moving ball faster, taking chances.... I think iF the team goes deep in playoff.... We could be okay next year.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
So nice to see this group play with the kind of enthusiasm and energy it has been zapped of for quite some time. The right kind of coach who can foster that and bring in a couple more bonified bigs will really have something. I totally support the 30 - second clock being instituted full time as well.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I guess the off-season debate is going to be if they're playing in honor of Grant or because the brakes have been taken off. Cohen had an interesting halftime analysis - they're playing for Grant on the defensive end, but they're playing on the other end like the bonds have been taken off...

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Finally...for some reason I would click reply to thread and it would never let me in. Anyway these guys are playing great. If they had played this way all year, there is no telling where they would be.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Personally, I think an animated coach really does make a difference...
Without a doubt it does! Team sees him fired up and they want to match the energy! At one point he was on the baseline coaching 1/3 of the way to the basket.... They are feeding off of him on the defensive side! Even the other assistants have been up showing emption....

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I guess the off-season debate is going to be if they're playing in honor of Grant or because the brakes have been taken off. Cohen had an interesting halftime analysis - they're playing for Grant on the defensive end, but they're playing on the other end like the bonds have been taken off...
I was just thinking the same thing. Either way, it's not making a case for Grant. A case could be made that he kept them leashed in, or he didn't get the best out of them night in and night out.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't want to throw cold water on the subject, but I don't think it's wise to talk about the assistant who's coaching (John Brannon???) being able to take over our program based on what we are seeing tonight.

Not saying the guys not coaching, but I think what we are seeing is these guys playing fast, loose and confident because the one holding this type of play back is removed from the picture.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The clock must be broke because it says 14 minutes to go but Bama has 61 points; this just doesn't jive.

UI has made a few good shots when well defended because a couple of guards have size.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.