Gene Stallings' Grandson Offered By Bama

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
He's a good looking pure old fashion, slobber knocking, knock you on your butt football player..He would look great in Crimson & is "Taylor Made" for our type of offense at Bama..

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Granddaddy Gene turned down HC offers because he was under contract as a defensive assistant for the Cowboys.

I just can't imagine Gene blessing young Mr. Chalk going to Dabo (who played for Stallings at Alabama), and telling him he had a better offer.

I think Chalk stays with Clemson.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Granddaddy Gene turned down HC offers because he was under contract as a defensive assistant for the Cowboys.

I just can't imagine Gene blessing young Mr. Chalk going to Dabo (who played for Stallings at Alabama), and telling him he had a better offer.

I think Chalk stays with Clemson.
You may be right...although a verbal commitment isn't probably viewed as an "ethical promise." It's more of a "this is the way I feel right now" but it's widely accepted that a verbal isn't worth anything much until the paperwork is signed and faxed.

As for his commitement to Dabo, Chalk could have done much worse. I know Dabo has gotten raked over the coals many times by choking away some games, but I love the passion that Dabo coaches with and I also believe he's become a much better coach in the last few years. His recruiting has always been very good and I think his coaching acumen is catching up pretty fast!

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Would love to have another legacy, but I'm sure Gene had a talk with him about what commitment means. I hate he committed so early in the process. Sounds like he may want to get away from any family shadows or legacys.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.