First day NCAA ingame thread

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Northeastern hanging with ND. Don't know if they can hang on. Northeastern is another team that Bama has beaten in the NIT the past few years which have progressed to making the NCAA tourney.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Lee hits a shot to put UAB up one. He blocks Niang's shot, gets the ball and is fouled, makes both FT's. UAB up 60-57 w/ 7.5 seconds left. ISU will inbound.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If UAB can get big guys that good, then there's absolutley no reason for us not to have outstanding big guys. Credit to the Balzers though. They look like a really good overall basketball team.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If UAB can get big guys that good, then there's absolutley no reason for us not to have outstanding big guys. Credit to the Balzers though. They look like a really good overall basketball team.
William Lee was expected to come to Alabama. IIRC, someone close to him didn't like Grant because Grant didn't do that person a favor.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
It's been interesting to see the national media play the sympathy card for UAB. Of course, it was expected. UAB football getting shut down has nothing to do with basketball. I would suggest that football getting shut down is the best thing for UAB basketball. They need to follow the model of Wichita St. They shut down football and put resources in other places. They now have a great b'ball program and have been successful in other sports such as baseball. It a good model for a directional school like UAB.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It's been interesting to see the national media play the sympathy card for UAB. Of course, it was expected. UAB football getting shut down has nothing to do with basketball. I would suggest that football getting shut down is the best thing for UAB basketball. They need to follow the model of Wichita St. They shut down football and put resources in other places. They now have a great b'ball program and have been successful in other sports such as baseball. It a good model for a directional school like UAB.
And that's exactly what Ray Watts said when the decision was announced back in November.

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Good grief! Ga. State hit a NBA 3 w/ 2.8 secs to go up 57-56! Another one to mess up my bracket. I should just stick with fantasy golf. :biggrin:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.