Levi post game quote vs IU

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I've only scanned articles from al.com and can't find that quote. Where did you see it? Not to dispute you, but my guess would be that quote would be a headline or a lead for a post game article.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
I'm in Portland, i value all my conversations with fellow Bama fans from all over too. In a convo dude said "I like the Randolph Kid saying "you see how good we could have been if we had been able to play thls way" Grant held them boys back..no doubt about it"! Like yall, I immediately said "where do you see that quote?"! He said "Post game radio. He praised the interim coach for letting them run"! Me still a lil taken back by that said "Seriously? You heard that? Levi said that?" His final quote was "I had that game on radio while i watched others..multi task my friend, 93.9 the score"

So now I'm here, I was hoping someone else could confirm this. How can we? Like yall, I searched! Anyone know who handles 93.9 post game?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Don't know about Randolph but plenty of folks have said it on this board.::wink:

It would make me feel better if Randolph or any other players did say something like this. I agree with firing Grant but still feel a little sad about it.

Last edited:

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I'm in Portland, i value all my conversations with fellow Bama fans from all over too. In a convo dude said "I like the Randolph Kid saying "you see how good we could have been if we had been able to play thls way" Grant held them boys back..no doubt about it"! Like yall, I immediately said "where do you see that quote?"! He said "Post game radio. He praised the interim coach for letting them run"! Me still a lil taken back by that said "Seriously? You heard that? Levi said that?" His final quote was "I had that game on radio while i watched others..multi task my friend, 93.9 the score"

So now I'm here, I was hoping someone else could confirm this. How can we? Like yall, I searched! Anyone know who handles 93.9 post game?
My guess is that it was CTSN on the Florence station broadcasting the game. If so, then it would have been Chris Stewart. But again, if a player such as the team captain, took a shot like that against the former head coach, that would have been all over the state news. Not saying your friend didn't hear what he heard, but the beat writers would be falling down on their jobs not to grab that quote and put it in a story.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I also heard on another site that CAG declined to coach the NIT himself. You really won't know until later this year.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Sunday afternoon the boss (mine or yours) contacts me/you and states that he is firing us - but tosses in that if you want to come in and work the night shift on Tuesday he is okay with that, how many of us would take him up on that offer? I'd wager there'd be few, if any, takers. Look Coach Grant is gone, practically everthing negative that can be said about the man has been posted; let him leave in peace and let's focus on moving forward.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Sunday afternoon the boss (mine or yours) contacts me/you and states that he is firing us - but tosses in that if you want to come in and work the night shift on Tuesday he is okay with that, how many of us would take him up on that offer? I'd wager there'd be few, if any, takers. Look Coach Grant is gone, practically everthing negative that can be said about the man has been posted; let him leave in peace and let's focus on moving forward.
I'm sure there's more! My point is that the university was slammed by the talking heads for firing him before the NIT. Then during the game you kept being reminded that they were playing for Coach Grant as if he wasn't allowed to be there. I would've coached the tournament if I cared about my players and my players cared about me! Coaching/teaching is different than working a 9-5 job. It's dealing with caring about your players and going beyond personal feelings about your employer. We find out early in the spring whether or not our contract is being renewed for next year. If you're not you still have two months that you have to show for work and do your job. With him leaving with 4 million bucks and not finishing out his contract, it shows me his heart.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I'm sure there's more! My point is that the university was slammed by the talking heads for firing him before the NIT. Then during the game you kept being reminded that they were playing for Coach Grant as if he wasn't allowed to be there. I would've coached the tournament if I cared about my players and my players cared about me! Coaching/teaching is different than working a 9-5 job. It's dealing with caring about your players and going beyond personal feelings about your employer. We find out early in the spring whether or not our contract is being renewed for next year. If you're not you still have two months that you have to show for work and do your job. With him leaving with 4 million bucks and not finishing out his contract, it shows me his heart.
Spot on post! Me being a coach as well I feel the exact same way you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Word!!!!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Ldlane said:
Maybe, but I've always seen collegiate coaching jobs as just that - a job, and neither school affiliation nor perceived relationships with players have much bearing on it. And that's how coaches can so easily move from one school to another. If you compare this to other corporate jobs, and specifically when an individual within an organization is fired from their job (regardless of whether it's labor, technical, management, etc..) it all plays out the same. When you're fired, you're fired. You clear out your desk (or work area) and leave. The only difference is whether you get a severance package to go with it. In AG's case, he did, and it was a pretty good one.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Maybe, but I've always seen collegiate coaching jobs as just that - a job, and neither school affiliation nor perceived relationships with players have much bearing on it. And that's how coaches can so easily move from one school to another. If you compare this to other corporate jobs, and specifically when an individual within an organization is fired from their job (regardless of whether it's labor, technical, management, etc..) it all plays out the same. When you're fired, you're fired. You clear out your desk (or work area) and leave. The only difference is whether you get a severance package to go with it. In AG's case, he did, and it was a pretty good one.
They are considered a member of Faculty.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
They are considered a member of Faculty.
Back several years ago when my own business was very slow, I took a short term job with a company within my own industry. Even though the position was named "Service Manager", the job was the same as every other technician in the company. The only differences were that I came in early to open up in the mornings, was the last to leave after I closed up in the evening and I was on salary so I couldn't collect overtime pay.
Sometimes, a title is just a title.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.