Gene Patton, ‘Gene Gene the Dancing Machine’ of ‘Gong Show’ fame, dead at 82

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Gene Patton, the beloved dancing stagehand on the hugely popular 1970s series "The Gong Show," has died in Pasadena, Calif. He was 82.

"Gene Gene the Dancing Machine" was a favorite segment of the whacky talent show hosted by Chuck Barris.
He died Monday after suffering from diabetes, his family announced Saturday.
For seemingly no reason at all, Barris would bellow for "Gene Gene the Dancing Machine," and out would shuffle Patton, who was really a NBC stagehand. Pandemonium ensued as Barris, the guest judges and the audience screamed and danced and Patton did his weird, static little dance to the show's band belting out Count Basie's "Jumpin' at the Woodside."

LINK

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
My bands biggest fan is a guy named Dean who loves to dance thus he has been dubbed Dean Dean the Dancing Machine.

Gene was funny and a good dancer, the trumpet player was great, but a little Gong Show went a long way.

RIP

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks Baz. Saw that and was going to post but forgot. I loved that show used to watch it during my lunch break. Gosh that was a long time ago.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.