Advertising videos - Arrgghh!!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
It's not very often that I get really angered and frustrated over something. But today is an exception and I just have to rant for a moment.
So I receive daily emails from a few sources, some of which are political in nature, and it seems that recently more and more of them have gone to what I call "advertising videos". They start out telling me about what this person or group is doing, but they do so with pages of text coupled with a human voice reading that same text to me. It goes page after page, after page, and on, and on, and on,, and on....... It's like they don't want me to just hear them. They want me to read each and every page along with them, like they want me to walk through the entire story with them until finally, they get to the point where they want me to buy something from them. It's generally either a book, or a video, or whatever product they're hawking on that day.
So I've started my own campaign against that. I've started unsubscribing from each and every site that uses that tactic!!
You want to treat me like a child, to read along with you as you tell me your story, word by word, page by page?
Here. Take that!
:mad:

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
On a similar note, I avoid web sites that automatically start playing audio or video. It's okay to make it available for me to launch if I want, but it's annoying to browse to a web site and all of a sudden a video starts up. ESPN is bad about that and that's why I hardly ever go there. I was on one site earlier that started 2 videos at once.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
You did what I do - unsubscribe!

I clicked on something once when it said "Take five minutes to watch this video." Forty minutes later the guy was still rambling so I cut it off.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
On a similar note, I avoid web sites that automatically start playing audio or video. It's okay to make it available for me to launch if I want, but it's annoying to browse to a web site and all of a sudden a video starts up. ESPN is bad about that and that's why I hardly ever go there. I was on one site earlier that started 2 videos at once.
Amen to that. I HATE it when a video starts playing on its own. It angers me so much I have actually written the sponsors of those ads telling them that if I ever considered buying their product, I no longer am considering it due to how obnoxious those ads are.
The person who invented such ads should be forced to attend Auburn football games or tortured in some equally painful manner.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.