Did Bush's grandfather help Hitler rise to power?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Did Bush's grandfather helped Hitler rise to power?

and there was this related item too

link

New investigation sheds light on clique of powerbrokers, including Prescott Bush, who sought to overthrow U.S. government and implement Hitlerian policies

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Even if we assume the worst......so what?

Does anyone seriously think we should vote against person X because his grandfather was a whatever?

Honestly?

That was a long time ago and the guy is dead. I'd like to see the Bushes vanish but really......

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Displaced Bama Fan and Bama Reb, I'm calling you out. This angers me intensely.

To trash a man's character because of the misdeeds of an ancestor is no different from trashing him because of the color of his skin, or making fun of a child with Down Syndrome.

In none of those cases can the subject do anything to remedy the situation. No matter how he lives his life, he can't change his forbears, or his race, or his countenance, or his mental abilities. It's the whole reason we find collective judgment so abhorrent.

This is particularly sensitive to me because my own father wasn't the most reliable guy...to put it mildly. I've lived my 56 years trying to earn being viewed as me, rather than my father's son.

What you, Displaced Bama Fan, and you, Bam Reb, just put forward is that that's not possible, and that angers me deeply.

If you don't like GHWB, or W, or Jeb, just say so and say why. There's plenty of fodder there without bringing something entirely out of their control into the discussion.

While you're at it, you might want to look into Joseph Kennedy's leanings while he was US Ambassador to the UK in the years leading up to WWII. Never heard JFK, or RFK, or Teddy being held to answer for that. Bill Clinton's parents and steps were not exactly models of decorum, yet we celebrate his rise from less than humble beginnings. Hillary by extension.

Be careful where you tread. This being a board with membership concentrated in the Deep South, you won't have to climb far up a bunch of family trees to turn up some dang unsavory memberships and/or beliefs.

Sins of the father visited on the son? Are you serious?

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

To trash a man's character because of the misdeeds of an ancestor is no different from trashing him because of the color of his skin, or making fun of a child with Down Syndrome.

In none of those cases can the subject do anything to remedy the situation. No matter how he lives his life, he can't change his forbears, or his race, or his countenance, or his mental abilities. It's the whole reason we find collective judgment so abhorrent.

This is particularly sensitive to me because my own father wasn't the most reliable guy...to put it mildly. I've lived my 56 years trying to earn being viewed as me, rather than my father's son.

What you, Displaced Bama Fan, and you, Bam Reb, just put forward is that that's not possible, and that angers me deeply.

If you don't like GHWB, or W, or Jeb, just say so and say why. There's plenty of fodder there without bringing something entirely out of their control into the discussion.

While you're at it, you might want to look into Joseph Kennedy's leanings while he was US Ambassador to the UK in the years leading up to WWII. Never heard JFK, or RFK, or Teddy being held to answer for that. Bill Clinton's parents and steps were not exactly models of decorum, yet we celebrate his rise from less than humble beginnings. Hillary by extension.

Be careful where you tread. This being a board with membership concentrated in the Deep South, you won't have to climb far up a bunch of family trees to turn up some dang unsavory memberships and/or beliefs.

My comments about GHWB had absolutely nothing to do with his ancestors. They were made solely on his "New World Order" leanings and were based on comments I remember him making while he was in office. I for one am totally against the concept of a one world government (to which NWO refers). I am, in fact, against any government that assumes that it is the boss of the people.
That is, imo, exactly what Hitler had in mind. It's also what Obama is attempting right now, and and is what every other tinhorn dictator around this globe had and have in mind. Disarm and subjugate the populace. Become absolute ruler over the citizenry and make them completely dependent upon the government for their very lives.
No thanks.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005

And fwiw, I hear what you're saying. I don't hold any person responsible for the acts of their ancestors. To do so is ludicrous. On a personal note I would much rather be the man I am today than the man I would have been if I had followed in my own father's footsteps.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I'm with you on fear of disarming the populace. It's the first thing, the Nazis, the Soviets and the Chinese communists did.

I've feared an end run on the 2nd Amendment by controlling ammunition, as opposed to the firearm itself, ever since they pressured the manufacturer to stop making Black Talon. Fortunately, I was able to stock up on some ahead of that.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Unfortunately, I can't reply in kind without a permanent ban.

Eh, what the heck. Who are you to call me out for posting an article that questioned Preston's link to Hitler? If it's legitimate, then let's discuss it. I don't know if he was or wasn't which is why I posed it as a question. No where in my post did I question GWHB or GWB as being a Nazi sympathizer.

However, Bama Reb was correct in that GWHB DID call for a New World Order. Are they mutually exclusive? I don't know.

Last edited:

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005

Unfortunately, I can't reply in kind without a permit ban.

Eh, what the heck. Who are you to call me out for posting an article that questioned Preston's link to Hitler? If it's legitimate, then let's discuss it. I don't know if he was or wasn't which is why I posed it as a question. No where in my post did I question GWHB or GWB as being a Nazi sympathizer.

However, Bama Reb was correct in that GWHB DID call for a New World Order. Are they mutually exclusive? I don't know.
I was once an avid supporter of his until he made that call. At that time he put himself squarely in the category of ''oppressor'' and thus joined ranks with all the other oppressors of the world.
''You are known by the company you keep.''

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Unfortunately, I can't reply in kind without a permanent ban.

Deleted by poster. Replaced with PM.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.