Top Coaches List (Bleacher Report - but it's the offseason)

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a question. I am a fan of Dabo...glad to see him doing well. Some comments on this board some time ago gave the impression that there were some issues with his relationship to the Capstone; I think back in the Dubose era. Anyone care to comment?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have a question. I am a fan of Dabo...glad to see him doing well. Some comments on this board some time ago gave the impression that there were some issues with his relationship to the Capstone; I think back in the Dubose era. Anyone care to comment?
I'm not aware of anything negative unless it had something to do with the debacle of the Mike Dubose situation.

I know he's caught some grief over the years for losing some big games, but what he's doing at Clemson, especially lately, has caught my attention.

I know some won't agree, but if his career continues on the same arc we could do a lot worse if Dabo was a candidate when CNS decides to go to the lake. If he had a chance, I figure he'd crawl on his hands and knees on broken glass to get to T-town.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I'm not aware of anything negative unless it had something to do with the debacle of the Mike Dubose situation.

I know he's caught some grief over the years for losing some big games, but what he's doing at Clemson, especially lately, has caught my attention.

I know some won't agree, but if his career continues on the same arc we could do a lot worse if Dabo was a candidate when CNS decides to go to the lake. If he had a chance, I figure he'd crawl on his hands and knees on broken glass to get to T-town.
Maybe not. He's in a pretty good situation at Clemson. Spurrier won't be at SCe much longer and So Car is not the sleazy cesspool to deal with that Awbarn is; he doesn't face the meat grinder of the SEC - who is the competition other than FL State? - or the pressure cooker that is Alabama; bet he is paid well at Clemson, lakes and mountains nearby. It's a pretty sweet gig he has going.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.