4th day NC2A games thread - 3/22/2015

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Games today finalize the sweet 16.
* Bama fans interested in Wichita St v Kansas because of Gregg Marshall. Also a rising program v one of the bluebloods. I'm hoping for a Jayhawk win; maybe it helps us in our coaching search. Plus, I respect Kansas as a traditional power that is NO threat in football. :smile:
* Mich St v Virginia: Izzo fan . . plus the few Virginia alums I have met have been inexplicably snooty about U-Vee-A.
* Iowa v Gonzaga: Kinda like Gonzaga, though not sure why. Mark Few seems like someone who is happy at a small school and it being a really good basketball program.
* Dayton v Oklahoma: Wonder if Archie Miller is being considered for Alabama. Hope so . .

Join in folks!

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
MSU started off hot thanks to a great start by Trice, but it's starting to settle in for the great defensive match up that everyone expected. Both of these teams are as solid fundamentally as you will find. Think about it though, without Trice in the first 6 minutes, it's an 18-10 game at half. That's absurd for this level of basketball.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
23 - 18 is an inexcusable score at this level for the half. Putrid!

MSU started off hot thanks to a great start by Trice, but it's starting to settle in for the great defensive match up that everyone expected. Both of these teams are as solid fundamentally as you will find. Think about it though, without Trice in the first 6 minutes, it's an 18-10 game at half. That's absurd for this level of basketball.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
^ like ^
This from someone who doesn't much care for the tilt toward offenses in football. [me . . don't mean bamahoosier]

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hate paceball style, it is the cancer killing college basketball. so I hope Virginia crashes and burns.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I would take any of the 16 coaches still left in the tourney over what we had. Probably some of the ones that just got bounced too.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
So three of the final 16 schools don't have a football team.

You're right UAB, not having football is a death blow to athletics. [/blue]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.