Alabama and Florida State The Likely 2017 Opener At New Falcons Stadium

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
http://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/...cheduling-auburn-alabama-atlanta-jacksonville

Florida State football is trying to line up some major neutral site games against SEC powers Alabama and Auburn, sources told Tomahawk Nation.

The game against Alabama would likely be to open the 2017 season in the new Atlanta Falcons Stadium. Florida State won its last meeting against the Crimson Tide 21-14 in 2007, Nick Saban's first as head coach of the Crimson Tide and Jimbo Fisher's first as offensive coordinator of the Seminoles. Since then, the teams have combined to win four National Titles in a seven-year span. Sources are quite confident in the game against Alabama happening.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Really like this and I hope that we are both still at the top of our games!

This is the type of game that is great for the playoff system. Increase your OC strength of schedule and even if you lose you've still got the rest of the season to rebound in the polls.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I would love to see it happen cause it would propel Bama in the drivers seat to the NCAA play-off's in 2017 & that would help us, to eventually, add to the largest collections of NC's any one school has in the history of college football at Alabama..By playing a tough OOC schedule, that's combined with an already tough SEC schedule every year, playing & beating a team like The 'Noles on the season opener in 2017, only makes that path to winning another NC that much easier..Plus..It's a treat to us Bama Fans & just college football fans in general, watching Bama play against the best of the best in college football, instead of teams like Georgia St or Utah St, that does nothing but bring down our strength of schedule..

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
First games are really tough, W Va, Va Tech, Michigan all played much better against us than they did the rest of the season & we got little credit for SOS.

Everyone brings their A Game against us & The Badgers will be no different this year.

But, to be the Best you gotta Beat the Best. I just don't like this kinda challenge for the first game. Just my thoughts

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
First games are really tough, W Va, Va Tech, Michigan all played much better against us than they did the rest of the season & we got little credit for SOS.

Everyone brings their A Game against us & The Badgers will be no different this year.

But, to be the Best you gotta Beat the Best. I just don't like this kinda challenge for the first game. Just my thoughts
v. tech and w va did play us tough, but we beat michigan like a rented mule. in no way can you say that michigan played well against us in that game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Don't agree, necessarily. As mentioned also, Michigan laid an egg against us. We've historically handled these games very well since CNS's arrival.

The earliest one I remember is when we played Virgina Tech in the Chick-fil-a kickoff game in '08 or '09 and that game propelled us to a great season.

So far, we haven't lost one of these games, but I contend if you are going to play a OC game like this, the best time is very early in the season. Even if we start 0-1 but then finish the season very strong we'll likely still get in the playoff.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Don't agree, necessarily. As mentioned also, Michigan laid an egg against us. We've historically handled these games very well since CNS's arrival.

The earliest one I remember is when we played Virgina Tech in the Chick-fil-a kickoff game in '08 or '09 and that game propelled us to a great season.

So far, we haven't lost one of these games, but I contend if you are going to play a OC game like this, the best time is very early in the season. Even if we start 0-1 but then finish the season very strong we'll likely still get in the playoff.
We played Clemson in '08 and Va Tech in '09.

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
2015 Bama vs Wisconsin
2016 Bama vs USC (still on??)
2017 Bama vs FSU

What a way to start a season!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.