Coach Grant As A TV Analyst

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
He looks hurt and totally out of place.
I feel for him because I'm in the media business and you either have that type of personality, or you don't.
Coach Grant is a very very good man, but he needs to get another coaching job.
Please, don't consider this post to be an insult. It's not, nor intended to be.
He's just a little shy on camera.
I wish him the very best. I truly do. And I have a feeling that he'll do something great, somewhere, at some point.
sip

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm just glad he said yes to more camera time in one week than in the six years he was at Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I'm just glad he said yes to more camera time in one week than in the six years he was at Alabama.

It upsets me that he said yes to them, but no to us or to coach his team in the tournament. Galling.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I know what you're saying RTR, but if you're not comfortable on camera, especially National Television, it's not really a fault.
Some people are good at it and some people are not. You have to have a particular type of personality, and which kind you have is really kinda out of your control.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I know what you're saying RTR, but if you're not comfortable on camera, especially National Television, it's not really a fault.
Some people are good at it and some people are not. You have to have a particular type of personality, and which kind you have is really kinda out of your control.
So its OK for him to dodge tough questions after a loss on radio and ditch the coaches show, but it ok for him to do TV. The more I see his behavior, it is clear LD is right. He wanted out and was doing whatever he could do to get out. It explains our departure from the system we were using early in the year that was clearly working. If he wasn't happy, go find another job. ESPN is littered with ex-coaches. I think we should void his contract for not living up to his media requirements I am sure were written in his contract.

BTW, You owe it to the kids to coach them in the NIT. If its not about him, but about the players, why don't you do it for them.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Did he have a choice about coaching in the NIT?

If he got a regular media job, would we get a discount on the buyout like we do if he is coaching somewhere?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If you are not comfortable doing an interview on camera you have no business coaching at this level. We paid the guy $2 mill a year and he wouldn't/couldn't do TV???

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If he's not comfortable, why agree to go on TBS?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Yes he had a choice to finish his contractual obligations and declined the offer. Per Cecil Hurt.
Thank you. Personally, I really don't care if he coached after he got fired. It is just the NIT.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Did he have a choice about coaching in the NIT?

If he got a regular media job, would we get a discount on the buyout like we do if he is coaching somewhere?

I'm pretty sure, once he was fired, that he had no obligation to serve as an analyst.
I just felt sorry for him because he wasn't very good. I'll say this also. If someone is camera shy, or media shy, it's NOT their fault. It's simply their personality.
If it was that big of a deal for our coach to patronize alumni or to be a media personality, then Coach Grant should have never been hired. That's just not who he is!!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If he's not comfortable, why agree to go on TBS?

Because he made a dumb decision in saying "YES":. He was NOT good at all. That was my point from the get go. I felt sorry for him and his performance as an analyst. That's why I pointed it out.
You guys have a good night.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Because he made a dumb decision in saying "YES":. He was NOT good at all. That was my point from the get go. I felt sorry for him and his performance as an analyst. That's why I pointed it out.
You guys have a good night.
You said you weren't trying to be "mean", but in fact you were? [emoji12]

Remember blue font for sarcasm.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'm just trying to figure out what you're saying and why! [emoji4]
He got fired. Then he decides, right or wrong, to try and be a TV analyst, and he wasn't very good at all.
He's a good man, but right now, nothing seems to be going right. Nothing he tries to do, works, No matter how much effort he gives.
I feel for a guy like that, because I've been there. It's that simple.
sip

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
If you know that you are shy or don't like to do TV interviews, why on earth would you agree to be an analyst on TV? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. He looked like a fish out of water.

CNS doesn't really like the TV interviews or alumni functions either, but he does what was agreed to in his contract. IIRC, he is obligated to do less than what is standard but then his team wins consistently more than what is standard.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.