Link: Ted Cruz websites

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
what are you even talking about? berkley is much more than a poli sci department.
Okay, I will use small steps so you can keep up.
Do you dispute that the professoriate tends to be left of center in comparison with the rest of the country?

yes, i remember that well from my required women's studies and social work courses.
Try bring up Charles Murray's Losing Ground: American Social Policy, 1950-1980 and see how much "diversity of opinion" is allowed. Murray not only has an opinion that dissents from most PhDs in social work. Not only that, but he happens to put forward an explanation of the effects of social policy that happens to explain the phenomenon better than the prevailing thinking in most schools of social work.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Okay, I will use small steps so you can keep up.
Do you dispute that the professoriate tends to be left of center in comparison with the rest of the country?

Try bring up Charles Murray's Losing Ground: American Social Policy, 1950-1980 and see how much "diversity of opinion" is allowed. Murray not only has an opinion that dissents from most PhDs in social work. Not only that, but he happens to put forward an explanation of the effects of social policy that happens to explain the phenomenon better than the prevailing thinking in most schools of social work.
your smugness is noted. i have no idea what this discussion has to do with social work, other than to give you another "leftist" strawman to destroy.

that berkely is one of the top universities is not debatable. that liberty requires their students to take a class in creationism is not debatable.

if you really want to stand there and argue with a straight face that the required creationism class (or the lunchtime lectures) at liberty is somehow just providing intellectual diversity, and that somehow this means that intellectual diversity is missing at berkely, have at it. i'll even pitch in the sandwich board and show you the top corner in downtown atlanta for you to get your message across.

btw, social work is not one of the top doctoral programs at berkely driving their rankings.

below is a rough list of the areas of indoctrination that are propelling berkely to the tops of the rankings. maybe all of the doctoral students in these programs should be required to read charles murray, and once they are finished laughing at the bell curve, they can make their way to his works on welfare policy; then maybe if they're lucky, they can get a doctoral fellowship down at lew rockwell's shop at the barn.

Plant Biology
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Genetics, Genomics and Development
Chemical Engineering
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
English
German
History of Art
Philosophy
Astrophysics
Chemistry
Computer Science
Mathematics
Physics
Statistics
Agricultural and Resource Economics
Anthropology
Economics
Political Science

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://astro.berkeley.edu/~eliot/C13/origins.html
Berkeley teaches "Big Bang" tied with "Origin of Species"

Now, I'm guessing that they're going to change this class since the discovery recently that the Big Bang Theory never occurred and that the Universe had no starting point......

Seems to me that Liberty's version of the "Origin of Man" might warrant some attention.....

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
http://astro.berkeley.edu/~eliot/C13/origins.html
Berkeley teaches "Big Bang" tied with "Origin of Species"

Now, I'm guessing that they're going to change this class since the discovery recently that the Big Bang Theory never occurred and that the Universe had no starting point......

Seems to me that Liberty's version of the "Origin of Man" might warrant some attention.....
what do you mean never occurred? i just watched an episode last week

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Is Cruz a lying hypocrite or just ignorant?

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2...ly-required-sign-obamacare-hes-totally-wrong/

Ted Cruz Wants You To Believe He’s Legally Required To Sign Up For Obamacare. He’s Not.

The Affordable Care Act does not compel members of Congress to enroll in DC’s health care exchange; it simply cuts off the government contribution to their insurance plans if they buy their policies elsewhere. “The final rule extends a Government contribution towards health benefits plans for Members of Congress and designated congressional staff so long as the health benefits plans are purchased via the appropriate SHOP as determined by the Director,” a summary of the final rule says. “Nothing in the final rule or the law prevents a Member of Congress or designated congressional staff from declining a Government contribution for him or herself by choosing a different option for their health insurance coverage.”

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2...ly-required-sign-obamacare-hes-totally-wrong/

Ted Cruz Wants You To Believe He’s Legally Required To Sign Up For Obamacare. He’s Not.

The Affordable Care Act does not compel members of Congress to enroll in DC’s health care exchange; it simply cuts off the government contribution to their insurance plans if they buy their policies elsewhere. “The final rule extends a Government contribution towards health benefits plans for Members of Congress and designated congressional staff so long as the health benefits plans are purchased via the appropriate SHOP as determined by the Director,” a summary of the final rule says. “Nothing in the final rule or the law prevents a Member of Congress or designated congressional staff from declining a Government contribution for him or herself by choosing a different option for their health insurance coverage.”

I'll take ignorant for $200 Alex.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Maybe I'm wrong to give any politician the benefit of the doubt, but I was under the impression Cruz was making the point that it was the law of the land so he was going to participate too unlike most of his contemporaries.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Let me just say that Senator Ted Cruz did NOT need a teleprompter to give a speech at Liberty U. What a refreshing thing to do.

Maybe Senator Cruz will stick around long enough to convince seebell to vote for him. I am confident he will have seebell's 100% support in 2016. I supported him for Senator from Texas, but will need much more convincing to vote for him for POTUS. I'm really looking for a Bald-headed, intelligent person with enough experience to do an effective job as POTUS. I am surprised he did not have someone purchase that .com site. :eek:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Let me just say that Senator Ted Cruz did NOT need a teleprompter to give a speech at Liberty U. What a refreshing thing to do.

Maybe Senator Cruz will stick around long enough to convince seebell to vote for him. I am confident he will have seebell's 100% support in 2016. I supported him for Senator from Texas, but will need much more convincing to vote for him for POTUS. I'm really looking for a Bald-headed, intelligent person with enough experience to do an effective job as POTUS. I am surprised he did not have someone purchase that .com site. :eek:
Keep posting Al. You are close to convincing me of something already! :biggrin: I'm not bald BTW!!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Ah politics!!! Where hypocrisy reigns supreme including among the apologists for the parties. Funny how Cruz's lying is suddenly a problem for the same people who had no problem with the current occupant knowingly lying when he said you could keep your doctor if you wanted to. That's part of why even arguing lying/hypocrisy in politics tends to be meaningless because it's part of the occupation.

I remember chuckling at the whole issue of military service across several elections. First, Dan Quayle somehow did something "dishonorable" by joining the National Guard. But the same folks who had trouble with this had NO PROBLEM with Bill Clinton dodging the draft. And then the same folks who thought this was okay turned around and touted Gore's Vietnam service and accused Bush (in 2000 this charge was out) of going AWOL. Then these same folks turned right around after campaigning on Kerry should be elected because he was "a military hero" and said McCain was "unstable" because he had spent so many years as a POW (and McCain was a far greater "hero" than Kerry ever dreamed of being).

On the flip side, conservatives bashed Clinton for draft dodging but then turned right around in 2000 and somehow suggested Gore had "special protections" and completely ignored the gap (and it does exist) in Bush's Guard service and then bashed Kerry for being "unfit to command."

I mean, just change the names or labels and it's the same argument - like the Democrats ripping on Arnold back in the 2003 recall for "sexually harrassing" women and yet insisting Bill Clinton "did nothing illegal" despite cruder tactics of proposal.

Politics and hypocrisy go together like peanut butter and jelly.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Eleven page thread over an announcement?

We can't slight Lady Sniper Fire when she announces. Hell, I have eleven pages of PICTURES of her to post.!

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Eleven page thread over an announcement?...
It wasn't even really over the announcement. I just thought it was funny that nobody in the Ted Cruz camp thought to procure the tedcruz.com and tedcruzforamerica.com domain names. It's crazy how threads veer off and take on a life of their own.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
It wasn't even really over the announcement. I just thought it was funny that nobody in the Ted Cruz camp thought to procure the tedcruz.com and tedcruzforamerica.com domain names. It's crazy how threads veer off and take on a life of their own.
True. I wonder how much the owner of tedcruz.com would charge for that name?

Hasn't that been successfully challenged in the past where "squatters" are forced to give up names they registered?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.