Alabama WR Amari Cooper's combine 40 time was faster than previously thought, report

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I remember watching it and thinking that the two seemed awfully close - in the simulcam replay - for there to have been that much of a difference in their times.

There had to have been an error somewhere - either in Cooper's reported time, White's reported time, or in the simulcam replay. The most likely error, I supposed, would have been in the simulcam replay. However, having it be in Cooper's reported time might just earn him a few extra million dollars.

Whereas teams which, after the combine, may have been evaluating Cooper as being a great route runner, having great hands, having an excellent work ethic, and - due to his 40 time - being a guy with good speed who plays "faster" than his actual speed now have to turn that potential "weakness" or "caveat" in their evaluation into a strength by evaluating him as a guy who also has elite speed.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Yeah, I agree...I think the only reason most evaluated White higher after the combine was the 40 time...this should change some thoughts on this.
Measuring 6'3", 215 didn't hurt.
White is going to be a good pick for whoever gets him. So is Cooper.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Yes, I thought it was pretty clear that the commentators had the "results" in hand and were talking from that, rather than calling what they were seeing on the "simul" video.

When they first showed it it seemed to me to show Amari actually won it at the tape, but certainly not third as they said at the time.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I remember watching it and thinking that the two seemed awfully close - in the simulcam replay - for there to have been that much of a difference in their times.

THIS! I watched the combine, and when they played those three receivers on the simulcast, there was no way Amari was that far behind.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Yeah, I agree...I think the only reason most evaluated White higher after the combine was the 40 time...this should change some thoughts on this.
Honestly I hope the Raiders do fall in love with White instead of Coop. I want to see him become something great, not get killed and stay hurt in Oakland/LA/wherever

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.