Alabama reloading for run at National Championship in 2015

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Alabama's front seven has a chance to be the best in the nation in 2015. There are a few holes to address, but once again, talent is there to fill the gaps. DePriest and Xzavier Dickson depart at linebacker, and this should be an opportunity for Reuben Foster, Shaun Dion Hamilton or Rashaan Evans to stake their case for more snaps.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ide-nick-saban-sec-spring-preview-2015-032315

It is good to be one of the front runners each year. Maybe talent will step up.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Especially this year, it`d be great if CNS and CMC could identify the starting 5 on the O line just as quickly as possible. Max time to work together is essential this year with 3 new starters. Would hate to see a bunch of shuffling and experimenting be necessary into fall camp.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Alabama's front seven has a chance to be the best in the nation in 2015. There are a few holes to address, but once again, talent is there to fill the gaps. DePriest and Xzavier Dickson depart at linebacker, and this should be an opportunity for Reuben Foster, Shaun Dion Hamilton or Rashaan Evans to stake their case for more snaps.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...ide-nick-saban-sec-spring-preview-2015-032315

With all of the experience we lose from last year's team - esp on offense, I'm most interested to see who will step up, not just on OL, but in the skill positions as well...

The loss of Coop, TJ, Nudie, Vogler, DeAndrew White, etc. come to mind...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
With all of the experience we lose from last year's team - esp on offense, I'm most interested to see who will step up, not just on OL, but in the skill positions as well...

The loss of Coop, TJ, Nudie, Vogler, DeAndrew White, etc. come to mind...
I actually think our recieving core might be better than it was. We probably wont have a Cooper type player, but thats not always a bad thing.
I think our main concern is being healthy and mentally tough enough to survive October. That is going to make or break our season.

@UGA
Ark
@ aTm
Tenn

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Reuben and SDH will fight it out for the other ILB spot, but I think we'll see Ryan Anderson take the OLB spot. When he got his opportunities last year he played really well. Evans will get some oppties as well, but I don't see him being able to play the JLB spot every down at his current weight. Honestly, as fast as he seems be he might be a better player off the LOS instead of a pure pass rusher, but I don't know if we'd want to lose that burst off the line he has.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
I agree, in 2011 after Julio was gone, our receiving corps really stepped up, Kevin Norwood, coming to mind, shining at opportune times. I hope that is the case this year too. And October can be brutal, but hopefully our O-Line will have had time to work together long enough to be a good unit and our secondary will do the same...I think with the athletes in the secondary, they could really become a special bunch. High hopes in my neck of the woods!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I agree, in 2011 after Julio was gone, our receiving corps really stepped up, Kevin Norwood, coming to mind, shining at opportune times. I hope that is the case this year too. And October can be brutal, but hopefully our O-Line will have had time to work together long enough to be a good unit and our secondary will do the same...I think with the athletes in the secondary, they could really become a special bunch. High hopes in my neck of the woods!
Norwood was HUGE in the BCSCG once Maze went down but our passing game was good enough because Maze had a solid Senior campaign. He was really the "one other playmaker" besides Trent Richardson. Maze was easily the top receiver but the second leading receiver was a TE (Smelley) and the third was Richardson. Quite abnormal for two of your top three receivers to be a TE and RB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.