2015 Coaching changes

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Depaul and Utah State are off the board. St. Johns may be announcing Chris Mullins as their new coach very soon. Hopefully Bama will be scheduling a press conference in the next 24-48 hours. :)

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Fordham off, Eastern Kentucky now on, the board.

GoodmanESPN Jeff Goodman
Fordham makes it official: Jeff Neubauer is the new coach. Did a nice job at Eastern KY. Former Beilein assistant at West Va and Richmond.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
George Mason off, Bucknell now on the board. I went ahead and penciled in Rick Barnes for the UTknoxville job even though it is not official yet.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
St Johns makes it official, Chris Mullin is their new coach.

ESPNCBB ESPN College BBall
THIS JUST IN on @SportsCenter: Chris Mullin has agreed to become the next head coach at St. John's (via @GoodmanESPN & multiple reports).

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
No, it'd be scarily so (block that adverb) if Barnes was "our're" big upgrade.
People can say what they will but Barnes is a very good hire for the Vols and would not have been a bad choice for Bama if Marshall says no and it comes down to Plan B, if he were still available in that scenario obviously.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Maybe this belongs here more than the Bama Coach Search thread:

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09
I thought so as well Flum & gets me even more excited about this coaching hire..I honestly think Bama has made the best B'Ball coaching hire in the last couple of years in the SEC & that includes The Barn hiring Pearl..Coach Johnson will elevate our B'Ball Program recruiting, cause you know recruits will be in awe of Coach Johnson, sitting in their living room recruiting them, this was Bill Battles "Homerun Hire" as our AD & has already energized our B'Ball Program before he's even introduced as our new B'Ball HC..
Would you call Anderson/Arky a better hire than Pearl/ Alabama Polytech? Don't we also have to concede Miss State/ Howland was a big time get? I also suspect Barnes soon will be a tough out in ObKnoxville.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
From what I can surmise all the new coaching hires are tremendous upgrades for their respective schools. IMO the SEC's competitive level has been raised significantly.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
From what I can surmise all the new coaching hires are tremendous upgrades for their respective schools. IMO the SEC's competitive level has been raised significantly.
True dat! I would rank the worst coaches in the SEC as Johnnie Jones, Frank Martin, & Mark Fox. Two of those coaches had their teams in the NCAA tourney this year so that tells you the caliber of SEC basketball has increased significantly. It will be interesting to see how things shake out if Donovan and/or Calipari jump to the NBA as rumored.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.