2015 Coaching changes

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If Calipari leaves, wouldn't Kentucky automatically go on probation? I mean why break tradition? It has happened to every single college team he has left.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
For us? We're down 1 assitant coach, correct? He has Pettway and Simon. We need one more.
Wrong thread. This thread is for the head coaching vacancies that happened after the end of this past season. All of them are now filled since LaTech hired a replacement for Michael White.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
Wrong thread. This thread is for the head coaching vacancies that happened after the end of this past season. All of them are now filled since LaTech hired a replacement for Michael White.
I think the topic, though, is if the Kentucky job were to come open, if Cal left for the Pelicans (NBA).

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I think the topic, though, is if the Kentucky job were to come open, if Cal left for the Pelicans (NBA).
That is a topic of this thread but not the topic. If Cal leaves then, yes, UK would be added to the list of coaching vacancies. Last I heard Cal had strongly denied the rumor that he was considering the NO job. My response was to a poster that thought I was referring to the UA coaching staff being full filled which is another thread.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Prohm replaces Hoiberg at Iowa State. Interesting that two coaches that were high on Bama's list have now stepped up to bigger jobs.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Prohm goes from Murray State to a top 10 team. Talk about stepping into a prime situation.
Timing is everything. From what I've heard Prohm was who we were targeting until CAJ contacted us. I would have been disappointed with us hiring Prohm just because he is not a proven commodity at this point but he may turn out to be a great coach. You are certainly correct about him being in a prime situation. I'm pulling for him to do well.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sources: Kings probing John Calipari about coaching, front-office jobs

The Sacramento Kings are probing University of Kentucky coach John Calipari about his interest in taking over the franchise's front-office and coaching jobs, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Calipari has been communicating with owner Vivek Ranadive and other members of the Kings ownership group in recent weeks, league sources said. Calipari has listened to scenarios with which the Kings could offer him complete control of the franchise's fledgling basketball operations to go along with coaching, league sources said.

No formal offer has been made to Calipari, and Kings ownership understands that it will take a multiyear financial package of $10 million-plus annually to get Calipari to seriously consider leaving Kentucky, sources said.

In recent weeks, Sacramento ownership's intrigue with Calipari has only grown with the dissolution of the relationship between All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins and coach George Karl, sources said.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.