France crash: Germanwings plane obliterated, both recorders found

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: France crash: Germanwings plane obliterated, data recorder found

I'm very confused about his relationships. He had a girlfriend for years who lived with him and her name is apparently still on the apartment door plaque. She is a schoolteacher in a nearby school. Then there is the ex-GF who is an attendant, and must have lived with him, given the incident with his waking up screaming from a nightmare. It's not clear yet if these were serial relationships or simultaneous...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Well, looks like simultaneous. He had just broken up with the long-term GF just before the incident. Maybe she found out about the flight attendant...

LINK (I don't know if there's an English translation anywhere, but, if anyone wants to go to the trouble, Google Translate is very good.)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Forget reading it on Bild. You have to sign up for and pay for "Bild-plus" to read the entire interview. Also, Bild is a tabloid, although the largest in Germany, so caution is indicated. I'm assuming this girl was paid handsomely for her interview...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

FWIW, title of this thread is wrong. The data recorder has not been found yet, only the voice recorder.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

FWIW, title of this thread is wrong. The data recorder has not been found yet, only the voice recorder.
Good point. I'll change it. There was an early erroneous report out of France that the data recorder had been found. They probably confused the voice recorder and the data device. TBF, I'm not sure how much more the data recorder can show that they don't know already from the voice recorder...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Well, more comes out, bit by bit. Treated in the past for suicidal tendencies...

LINK

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Seems as though they have found a harrowing video of the last 15 seconds of the flight, in the wreckage.:eek2:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Legally speaking, I would not want to be in Lufthansa's position right now, having readmitted him to pilot training. I can't imagine the rage in the minds of the survivors' families minds...

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013

The second recorder has been found, and the pilot researched suicide methods as well as the security of cockpit doors: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32159602
Oh snap! Too bad his internet search of methods didn't turn up some nice spa-like place in Switzerland where you can go to be put out of your misery. Vielen Dank, Bing!

Also, seems like there would have been better info on the cockpit doors in the airplane flight manual than on the internet.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.