Blog: Latest Bama News 3/25/15

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
NCAA emails among documents released in USC coach lawsuit | College Football-via rbr

"USC has responded to its problems by bringing in Lane Kiffin," committee member Rodney Uphoff wrote in an undated memo to other members of the committee. "They need a wake-up call that doing things the wrong way will have serious consequences."

Look, I get that USC needed the hammer dropped. But, at the time Lane Kiffin was hired by USC, he was merely under investigation for secondary infractions. He's never been implicated in major violations, and it was after his hire by USC that secondary penalties were even assessed against Tennessee. Hell, I commit two secondary infractions before breakfast every morning. What I'm saying is, I think the NCAA was more concerned about USC hiring someone from the rotten Carroll regime than actual, demonstrable dirtiness, because Kiffin wasn't that.
rbr op

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Meyer upbeat about football's safety, future | FOX Sports-rbr

Fickell and he presented it to the staff and said everything he's ever been taught in tackling they don't teach anymore. It's all about, it's a low game now.

Ohio State led the nation in fewest missed tackles. With player safety on everyone's mind, and with high hard shots now more likely than ever to draw a foul, Fickell and OSU scrapped everything you learned about tackling through the body and coaches tackling low, entangling defenders legs.

As with managed snaps, I wonder if wrapping up the legs and going low is also going to be something we see more of in the coming years? Whether it was for player safety, football plays, or to minimize hard shots in games with higher snap counts, it did benefit the Buckeyes.
rbr op

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.