Braxton Miller may have to say "I'm sorry."

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
An Ohio State spokesperson says the school is "aware" of a deleted Braxton Miller Instagram post that showed the Buckeyes senior quarterback with a collection of AdvoCare nutrition products -- and more importantly, appeared to endorse the multi-level marketing brand.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...possible-braxton-miller-endorsement-violation

I think this falls under the New, Kinder NCAA as "who really cares." Times they have changed, beginning with the Cam.

Last edited:

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
An Ohio State spokesperson says the school is "aware" of a deleted Braxton Miller Instagram post that showed the Buckeyes senior quarterback with a collection of AdvoCare nutrition products -- and more importantly, appeared to endorse the multi-level marketing brand.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...possible-braxton-miller-endorsement-violation

I think this falls under the New, Kinder NCAA as "who really cares." Time they have changed, beginning with the Cam.
It's possible he may have gotten involved with them as a rep or maybe someone he knows is into it. You never know. I'm pretty sure AdvoCare would not approach him for an endorsement. I would be shocked actually. From my experiences, I've found them to be a reputable brand (my wife is a rep).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Umm wasn't he going to transfer to FSU or something???
Nothing has been confirmed about him transfering anywhere, but the writting is on the wall that he is despite Barrett saying he isnt. Oregon and LSU are the fan bases that are saying he is coming to their schools the most recently. FWIW there are rumors that he might be coming to T-Town. Who knows what he will do.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Nothing has been confirmed about him transfering anywhere, but the writting is on the wall that he is despite Barrett saying he isnt. Oregon and LSU are the fan bases that are saying he is coming to their schools the most recently. FWIW there are rumors that he might be coming to T-Town. Who knows what he will do.
If her were smart he'd go to Oregon or FSU.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If her were smart he'd go to Oregon or FSU.
Really depends on what he wants. If he wants to win the Heisman then Oregon or FSU will probably be his best bet. If he wants to lead a team to a ring then LSU or a top tier SEC team would be his best bet. Braxton is the gun for hire this year, but unlike others (Coker, Cam, and Masoli) he actually is a proven D1 quarterback that has two 12 win seasons under his belt as a starter.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If that's the case FSU. Better weather and coach.
quite possibly, but we will have to wait and see.

Better weather and coach.
Are you talking about Helfrich and Miles vs Jimbo or Jimbo vs Meyer. Because I can understand the first, but not the latter. I know most of us hate Meyer, but he has 3 NCS with two of those him having to beat CNS in a playoff game to get there, and Jimbo has one that he more or less beneifited off of the 2013 Iron Bowl.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Like someone said above, he could have just signed up to be a sales rep but realized that the picture could make people think otherwise. Advocare generally has spokespeople who have actually MADE it--Drew Brees is a paid spokesman. It's a little premature to be paying Braxton Miller to be a spokesperson.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Whenever I hear those rumors, I can't help but be reminded of Duron Carter...still one of the greatest receivers never to have played.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Some situations do bother me, this doesn't. What he's doing doesn't seem to be any different than selling Avon products or something. I get that it's tricky, since he can't use his status as an athlete to sell products, however he can have a job and earn money (which appears to be what he was trying to do). This is one situation that the NCAA can do a better job, or allow more support of NCAA athletes (stipends) to prevent this scenario altogether.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He'll be fine. a slap on the wrist and pay back the money and he'll be good to go. I just don't see why he can't do something like that... Stupid rules...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Some situations do bother me, this doesn't. What he's doing doesn't seem to be any different than selling Avon products or something. I get that it's tricky, since he can't use his status as an athlete to sell products, however he can have a job and earn money (which appears to be what he was trying to do). This is one situation that the NCAA can do a better job, or allow more support of NCAA athletes (stipends) to prevent this scenario altogether.
Agreed. The rule says he can't use his athlete status to sell a product. I didn't take his Instagram post that way, but I can see how some could interpret it due to the line being very blurry.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.