Link: Check Out These Concept Helmet Designs For Alabama

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
I just despise the mad elephant logo. The old "A" with the elephant coming out of it was really cool. Nowadays, just give me the script "A".

Oh, and keep the numbers on the helmets. The white ones with the numbers don't look bad. Still prefer traditional Crimson with white numbers.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yup..I've only seen pics of us wearing the "White Helmets" in a game, like the pic Bamaro posted on the 1st page(thanks for posting that pic Bamaro), I would love to see us wear them, just once in my lifetime in a game, cause they look killer in all white during away games..I would like to see them worn at home with our Crimson Jersey as well though..I also agree with Crimsonami & I like 3& 9 the best out of them all..

I would kill to see us go with white helmets again. Same design, white with crimson stripe and crimson numbers.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
Alabama does not follow trends The set Standards. I don't like the changes because it just means more Nike Monet which equals more Oregon money so no thank you.

Bamagator

Scout Team
Jan 12, 2000
If someone can Photoshop the traditional A logo (with the elephant stepping through) on a crimson helmet, Id like to see it, just for consideration. But still not excited about tampering with perfection.
I just despise the mad elephant logo. The old "A" with the elephant coming out of it was really cool. Nowadays, just give me the script "A".

Oh, and keep the numbers on the helmets. The white ones with the numbers don't look bad. Still prefer traditional Crimson with white numbers.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
Add me to the vocal majority that is adamantly against changing our beloved helmets, jerseys, or pants to anything other than they currently are!

Deep breath..... However, I am not necessarily against pulling out the white helmets once every two to three years for a little nostalgia. All of these helmet and uniform mockups are just for fun and nobody involved in the decision process would consider changing our uni to something resembling a Power Ranger or an Arena League team.

As for the helmets in the list: I could be conservative, but I'll say that the last one is the neatest design IF we ever did a off-the-wall alternate uniform. Take that dark chrome/gray houndstooth, Script A on one side and numbers on the other. One things for sure; they'd sell a ton of them as replica / mini helmets.

RTR

bamajag600

3rd Team
Apr 27, 2006
Hawaii
I think we all agree that our it's pretty awesome that our uniforms have been pretty much the same since the 60's. Cleat color has been the biggest variable. Back in the day all teams wore black cleats. We started wearing white in 1980 and switched back to black in 1988. Starting somewhere around 96 or 97 till today the cleats are various designs of black and white together.

I would be interested to see what it would look like to go to a gray colored cleat that would be the same shade as our traditional gray facemasks. At this point, with our black/white cleats it's not like we are adhering to any traditional scheme anyway.

Just for kicks, check out the white helmet and white Pony cleats from 83/84.

RTR!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I don't know.... You just shouldn't mess with perfection. The simplicity and purity of what Bama has been using is more than good enough for me. This is good for conversation and what if...? But I hope it never, ever, goes beyond that.

Roll Tide!
I agree with you 100% and understand how you feel.
But I'm also aware that the kids growing up today aren't "ME" when I was a kid.
The "Wow Factor" changes.
And honestly, at some point in the future, we're going to have to offer everything we can to "Wow Them", or they're simply going to go somewhere like Oregon, where they are amazed every week at how good they look in their new uniforms.
If we ever change, I'd rather see the crimson helmet remain with a white "A" design in some fashion.
But all those designs looked awesome from a design perspective.

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014
If it aint broken, DONT FIX IT! We have the sharpest uni's in the country, I hope we never cave to this flashy uniform theme.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.