Early buzz on Alabama’s new No. 1 receiver

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
No real surprise on Black and Foster, both of whom have made real progress in the past year and who have had solid starts to the spring. The question with those guys, I think, is less whether they play, and more whether their inevitably increased playing time is due more to roster attrition than improvement. In other words, have those guys significantly improved, or are they roughly the same as they were and on the field only because the bulk of the guys better than them just left town? We need both of those guys to play at a high level this season, and it will be interesting to see how they fare in the scrimmages and the A-Day game.

Outside of Black and Foster, Stewart is going to have a big role at WR and we'll try to utilize him in a lot of ways. Ditto for Drake, if he returns to full health, who should be used as a multi-dimensional threat at both tailback and WR. Think those two are pretty much givens at this point.

In terms of personnel, the real question now, I believe, is who do we turn to as a physical, possession target? Cam Sims had that role locked up before his knee injury, but it's up for grabs now. Derek Kief and Raheem Falkins are going to get looks in Sims' wake, and for Falkins, it's probably now or never.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I believe it'll be kief and Falkins... That battle will be interesting to watch. Both could rotate... Not a bad thing to do. Given our receivers, Drake, Henry and Scarbough.. It will make it lot harder for opposing team to figure out who's getting the balls...

No real surprise on Black and Foster, both of whom have made real progress in the past year and who have had solid starts to the spring. The question with those guys, I think, is less whether they play, and more whether their inevitably increased playing time is due more to roster attrition than improvement. We need both of those guys to play at a high level this season, and it will be interesting to see how they fare in the scrimmages and the A-Day game.

Outside of Black and Foster, Stewart is going to have a big role outside and we'll try to utilize him in a lot of ways. Ditto for Drake, if he returns to full health, who should be used as a multi-dimensional threat. Think those two are pretty much givens at this point.

In terms of personnel, the real question now, I believe, is who do we turn to as a physical, possession target? Cam Sims had that role locked up before his knee injury, but it's up for grabs now. Derek Kief and Raheem Falkins are going to get looks in Sims' wake, and for Falkins, it's probably now or never.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I think this and the coming years will see a diverse range of offensive threats which will make is more potent. We can't forget about the targets Howard will get plus a lot of the WR play will change depending on THIS FELLA however it turns out, we're going to be very tough to deal with offensively.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.