News Article: Harry Reid to retire

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
There are so many comments that could be made but I will just say "good."
I can't say what I said on another site that allows spicier language. :)

Just rest assured they have plenty more in the stable.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Yup, the irrational right is queuing up to play wack-a-mole regardless of who takes his place.
Irrational?

Maybe Harry will divulge who his "source" is who said Mitt Romney hadn't paid taxes in ten years. Did we ever hear the rest of the story?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
A better exemplar of "scumbag" would be difficult to find.
Even among Washington political class, which is generally pretty slimy, he is in a class by himself.
I wish him a miserable and brief retirement.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
A better exemplar of "scumbag" would be difficult to find.
Even among Washington political class, which is generally pretty slimy, he is in a class by himself.
I wish him a miserable and brief retirement.
A 2nd that. I remember when he became majority leader and he was called "a very moderate voice" by pundits of every stripe. He was nothing but a lib toady.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
He without a doubt has been a model of what a lawmaker should not be, his ideology and loyalties notwithstanding. Just a nasty old man.
He was not only unethical, but really, really stupid. He was the perfect leader for the Democrats.
The republic will be immeasurably better off without him.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
In not so sure he'll be replaced by a Democrat, let alone one as liberal as he is.

Even as a five-term senator, inCongress since 1983 (he was in the HoR for a while), and with the position of Majority Leader, he still got only 50.3% of the vote against a relatively unknown Republican. And that was the 2010 election, not the red wave of 2014.

I'm not saying there are no others like him out there. I'm saying it's not likely one of them fills his seat, even if it does stay in the Dem column.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
There will be a farewell party for Harry Reid at Cliven Bundy's "ranch" in Nevada. Ten door prize winners will stay overnight at the Bunny Ranch after the initial festivities.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Any truth to the rumor he's playing a horribly aged Joliet Jake in the Blues Brothers sequel?

I see the resemblance!!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.