Billionaire claims your life is going to stink

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Munger, the Vice-Chairman of Berkshire-Hathaway (BRK-A), is quoted by Bloomberg as telling a gathering in Los Angeles that we should all be prepared for adjusting to a world that is harder…and that we can count on the purchasing power of our money to go down over time.

JAPS BOMB PEARL HARBOR!!

Salaries have been stagnant since the early 2000's. Daily there are new reports about the percentage of "middle class" living paycheck-to-paycheck. I saw a news report yesterday that said a large number of people are taking loans against their anticipated tax refunds - undoubtedly at inflated interest rates. So yeah, life stinks for a lot of folks already.

How are those 29 hour work weeks working out for people thanks to the Affordable Care Act?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
We cant continue unsustainable borrowing, resource usage and population growth for ever.
I agree with this. We need to seal the border! At 320,000,000+ how long will it be before the USA has a Billion starving residents? With open borders, it won't be long. Why would anyone want to come to what used to be the home of the free and the brave.

And the National Debt should be paid for by two presidents: Bush and Obama, from their own bank accounts and also from the bank accounts of the members of the House of Representatives and the Senate as well as people who support them like George Soros. Confiscate their entire wealth to help reduce the National Debt. Let's see, how much money does Nancy Pelosi have? She's responsible for a big chunk of the National Debt. These people spend and waste OUR money like drunken sailors. They think that our money is their money. I apologize to sailors, because they are not as bad as these people: i.e. vultures.

People used to really care about future generations, no longer. Look at the debt they've created for our children and their children, etc.

P. S. Hillary and Bill should also throw in a couple of $hundred$ $million$ toward the National Debt.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
In your opinion, where should government cuts start?
My starting point would be the salaries of ALL elected/appointed officials: executive, legislative, and judicial branches. Cut them by 50%. Eliminate ALL retirement plans for these people. Then eliminate all the bureaucracy that's not needed. They need to get a real job. There are certain departments that are NOT needed. I could name several like the Department of Education. What has this department ever done to improve education in our country. This is just the start.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Slacker civil servants
Sadly the bureaucracy is so counterproductive that it doesn't matter if you have an uber-efficient team of trained MBAs running the show. It really doesn't matter; the rules are set opposed to each other. When a private sector company can build a house faster than the government can renew a software maintenance license, one has to consider that big government is just flat out a genetic failure.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.