Geno Smith Arrested

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
2nd go round...this just increases Ronnie Harrison's already rising stock. Looks like we're working with two freshmen safeties this year...Harrison & Hootie
Isn't Hootie a soph? I swear he got some snaps last year..

but this news definitely sucks. Dang it Geno.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Isn't Hootie a soph? I swear he got some snaps last year..

but this news definitely sucks. Dang it Geno.
yes, hootie is a soph, but almost all his reps came on special teams and even then not in every game. Got a little bit of garbage time in blowouts, but wasn't in the meaningful rotation so his experience is thin.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
My old man got 3 and spent 12 months in county. Geno's lucky if he doesn't spent jail time, that better be his first worry. Secondly I'm not sure if he has a future here and rightfully so. I would have no problem seeing him booted since this is his 2nd time.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
two DUIs in a year is nothing to scoff at...I wouldn't be surprised if he is sent packing. All DUIs are serious but the first one can at least be the teaching point. A second so shortly after the first is really just disappointing.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Guys.. guys.. calm down.. Has anyone seen the practice reports for today?
Why should we calm down? This ain't no joke. I can chalk up one to a mistake, but two shows he hasn't learned anything yet. What's next? #3 when he runs someone over and/or hits another car? IF he stays he should be subject to alcohol tests every week at the least plus counseling. I don't care how good he is or how bad he is, this is nothing to overlook because obviously he has a problem.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'd like to think that I am being calm about it. A 2nd DUI in less than a year is the kind of thing that can have a player packing his bags.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'd like to think that I am being calm about it. A 2nd DUI in less than a year is the kind of thing that can have a player packing his bags.
Hopefully for treatment, counseling, or both. If Geno has been caught twice, odd are those aren't the only times he has been drinking and driving.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I believe its a serious issue, but I honestly think We won't see him kicked off the team, but he'll be suspended for long time, possibility missing few games to prove point. I"m just saying, while it's a serious charge, We don't know what lead him to drinking... He may have had bad day... Coach did rip him a new butt... or what, but its' not an excuse to go out and drink, and he'll face consequences for him... WE just need to fall back and see what happens. So many of you are quick to dismiss without letting the process prevail.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
My position is this: If the young man has had 2 dui's in under a year, then clearly there is something else going in his life needing to be addressed that is more important than football. Get Geno the help he needs (as Saban has done with others in the past) then evaluate what role football will play in his future. Sometimes it means the opportunity to work you way back at Alabama. Sometimes it means getting a fresh start elsewhere.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
two DUIs in a year is nothing to scoff at...I wouldn't be surprised if he is sent packing. All DUIs are serious but the first one can at least be the teaching point. A second so shortly after the first is really just disappointing.
In the interest of accuracy, his previous DUI arrest was in August 2013.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.