Geno Smith Arrested

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
I just don't see Coach Saban letting him go. He will run him until he almost dies and bury him like you say, but think he will be on our 2015 roster.
I will be really disappointed with Saban if he doesn't dismiss him. He needs to go.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
In the interest of accuracy, his previous DUI arrest was in August 2013.
I'm going to take that as a good thing for me: I'm so busy these years are starting to bleed together! But in terms of accuracy, yeah, it is slightly different that it has been a few years but not so much that I don't worry for Geno's scholarship. I hope that it is clear that I don't want to see him crucified but this is a serious offense that thankfully wasn't tacked onto something horrible. Perhaps Saban suspends him and guides him to "use his time wisely" (i.e. counseling and rehabilitation) and they'll reevaluate for 2016. Something like Pettway, maybe? I hate to see him shunned and have his dreams killed at such a young age, but maybe he just needs to have it taken away for awhile with some steep conditions for getting another chance.

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Well, we have an apology:

★ Geno Smith ™ ★ @_ALLWORLD24
I apologize to the University of Alabama , the football program and all the Alabama fans.
I have made an awful decision on my part.

★ Geno Smith ™ ★ @_ALLWORLD24
Moving forward I am praying to make better choices and decisions . So Learn from my mistakes and mis judgement!

I know I have lost respect from alot of Alabama fans and thats understandable but I will be better from these events in my life!
-------------------
Three parts to a good apology: 1) I'm sorry 2) It was my fault 3) What do I do to make it right? I see the first two. Now it is up to Geno (with the guidance of Nick Saban) to do number three

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well, we have an apology
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but imo he's apologizing because he got caught, not because he drove drunk.

Unless one is to believe the only two times he's driven drunk are the two times he's been caught...

Saban will do whatever he wants (or feels is best for the team), but imo there's no 'three-strike rule' with offenses this serious.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but imo he's apologizing because he got caught, not because he drove drunk.

Unless one is to believe the only two times he's driven drunk are the two times he's been caught...

Saban will do whatever he wants (or feels is best for the team), but imo there's no 'three-strike rule' with offenses this serious.
No that it isn't harsh. It could very well be true. Only time will tell.

One thing I know for a fact. Whether he plays another down at Alabama or not, Saban will do everything he can to help the kid. Many people never know what Saban does for players even after he has said "I hope you get another chance, but it just will not be here."

Three options available: Clean up (straighten up your life) Locked up (jailed) or Covered up (dead). I hope Geno takes the first option.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
In this day & age of cell phones, tablets, CSmart Phones, that allows you too connect with Family & Friends instantly, there's literally no excuse for kids drinking n driving at all involving alchohol..I'm all for kids will be kids, but, when you put other folks lives at risk, when you drink & make a conscious decision to drive..I'll respect the punishment Coach Saban hands down to Geno & will have no sympathy for Geno should he be kicked off the team or urged strongly to find another school to play football for..I want The Crimson Tide to win every game we play, but, I also expect our Players to represent our University with "Pride & Class"..I can handle stuff like public intoxication that doesn't involve putting innocent lives at risk, when a kid gets behind the wheel, after drinking alcohol & creating a dangerous situation for anyone that's sharing the road with them..There's simply no excuse for it, not with all the means of communications they have these days..They can get in touch with someone to come take them home fairly easily..

If folks disagree's with me, I can & will respect their opinons on this matter, cause obviously folks has different opinions about this kinda situation..About 12yrs ago I was engaged to a gal I went to high school with & we were living together before we were going to get married..I was working 2nd shift at a local ribbon factory, cause it allowed me to make more money working overtime, to help buy us a home we were trying to buy before we got married..One night she was bringing me something to eat during my break, cause I had missed supper cause I was working overtime..She was killed by a man that was drinking & driving in a head on crash, on her way to the factory bringing me something to eat, he swerved into oncoming traffic & hit her head-on..She died instantly..It brings tears thinking about Fayla dying that night & how much it changed my life cause of that man's decision to drink & drive.. I still feel responsible cause she was coming to see me when she died that night..

Like I said I will respect & support Coach Saban's decision on Geno's situation should Geon be allowed to stay on the team, but, I will have no sympathy for Geno should he be kicked off the team either for obvious personal reasons..Whether or not Geno stays on the team or is kicked off, he will be in Coach Saban's proverbial "DogHouse", and I suspect it will e hard for him to see the field this coming season after a 2nd DUI..It will allow our younger Players to learn from Geno's mistake & it will create a situation for the younger guys to step up & earn some PT this coming season..

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
In this day & age of cell phones, tablets, CSmart Phones, that allows you too connect with Family & Friends instantly, there's literally no excuse for kids drinking n driving at all involving alchohol..I'm all for kids will be kids, but, when you put other folks lives at risk, when you drink & make a conscious decision to drive..I'll respect the punishment Coach Saban hands down to Geno & will have no sympathy for Geno should he be kicked off the team or urged strongly to find another school to play football for..I want The Crimson Tide to win every game we play, but, I also expect our Players to represent our University with "Pride & Class"..I can handle stuff like public intoxication that doesn't involve putting innocent lives at risk, when a kid gets behind the wheel, after drinking alcohol & creating a dangerous situation for anyone that's sharing the road with them..There's simply no excuse for it, not with all the means of communications they have these days..They can get in touch with someone to come take them home fairly easily..

If folks disagree's with me, I can & will respect their opinons on this matter, cause obviously folks has different opinions about this kinda situation..About 12yrs ago I was engaged to a gal I went to high school with & we were living together before we were going to get married..I was working 2nd shift at a local ribbon factory, cause it allowed me to make more money working overtime, to help buy us a home we were trying to buy before we got married..One night she was bringing me something to eat during my break, cause I had missed supper cause I was working overtime..She was killed by a man that was drinking & driving in a head on crash, on her way to the factory bringing me something to eat, he swerved into oncoming traffic & hit her head-on..She died instantly..It brings tears thinking about Fayla dying that night & how much it changed my life cause of that man's decision to drink & drive.. I still feel responsible cause she was coming to see me when she died that night..

Like I said I will respect & support Coach Saban's decision on Geno's situation should Geon be allowed to stay on the team, but, I will have no sympathy for Geno should he be kicked off the team either for obvious personal reasons..Whether or not Geno stays on the team or is kicked off, he will be in Coach Saban's proverbial "DogHouse", and I suspect it will e hard for him to see the field this coming season after a 2nd DUI..It will allow our younger Players to learn from Geno's mistake & it will create a situation for the younger guys to step up & earn some PT this coming season..
I agree Steve Steve, you spoke for a lot of people.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Now reports that Jonathan Taylor has been arrested for domestic violence. I think he is transfer UGA that has a history of domestic violence/assault.

Crap.....Crap....Crap

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Jonathan Taylor is gone. I guess this can be the catch all offseason arrest thread..

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Sooner or later you knew one of these retread players was going to make CNS look like a fool. Well now it's happened and a lot of us on here can say I told you so. Im telling you these guys that beat on women are emotionally unstable and not worth the chance!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Jonathan Taylor isn't a big loss IMO, We were kinda 'constipated' with studs on the DL. This actually could be a benefit.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Whether it is a big loss or not, it is really dragging our school's name through the mud after we took a flyer on this young man.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.