Geno Smith Arrested

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
In this day & age of cell phones, tablets, CSmart Phones, that allows you too connect with Family & Friends instantly, there's literally no excuse for kids drinking n driving at all involving alchohol..I'm all for kids will be kids, but, when you put other folks lives at risk, when you drink & make a conscious decision to drive..I'll respect the punishment Coach Saban hands down to Geno & will have no sympathy for Geno should he be kicked off the team or urged strongly to find another school to play football for..I want The Crimson Tide to win every game we play, but, I also expect our Players to represent our University with "Pride & Class"..I can handle stuff like public intoxication that doesn't involve putting innocent lives at risk, when a kid gets behind the wheel, after drinking alcohol & creating a dangerous situation for anyone that's sharing the road with them..There's simply no excuse for it, not with all the means of communications they have these days..They can get in touch with someone to come take them home fairly easily..

If folks disagree's with me, I can & will respect their opinons on this matter, cause obviously folks has different opinions about this kinda situation..About 12yrs ago I was engaged to a gal I went to high school with & we were living together before we were going to get married..I was working 2nd shift at a local ribbon factory, cause it allowed me to make more money working overtime, to help buy us a home we were trying to buy before we got married..One night she was bringing me something to eat during my break, cause I had missed supper cause I was working overtime..She was killed by a man that was drinking & driving in a head on crash, on her way to the factory bringing me something to eat, he swerved into oncoming traffic & hit her head-on..She died instantly..It brings tears thinking about Fayla dying that night & how much it changed my life cause of that man's decision to drink & drive.. I still feel responsible cause she was coming to see me when she died that night..

Like I said I will respect & support Coach Saban's decision on Geno's situation should Geon be allowed to stay on the team, but, I will have no sympathy for Geno should he be kicked off the team either for obvious personal reasons..Whether or not Geno stays on the team or is kicked off, he will be in Coach Saban's proverbial "DogHouse", and I suspect it will e hard for him to see the field this coming season after a 2nd DUI..It will allow our younger Players to learn from Geno's mistake & it will create a situation for the younger guys to step up & earn some PT this coming season..
Having lost people I love to drunk drivers I'm with you completely. I think the law should be far more stringent than it is. To me it's like firing into a crowd but not killing anyone. It's not like they overlook those instances. DDs just have a 2000 lb gun and it can be just as deadly when hammered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
Taylor can go and get a head start on prison and get his sorry self out of my university. Animals who continuously hit women belong there. His track record shows that is his path.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When I hear about things like this I can't help but remember how many kids in my high school and at OSU died because of alcohol related accidents while I attended - lost in the prime of their lives. I don't drink and drive now - at all, but I did before I understood the consequences. I was just lucky that it was not an emphasis of the police/law when I was young. Then again, if it was an emphasis back then I hope that I would have behaved differently. The thing is - I just don't know. I was very foolish as a young man.

I worry for my boys as they enter this stage of their lives. So many risks - consequences for mistakes higher than they have ever been for them. And they are likely as oblivious of the things that they are risking every day as Geno is/was.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
[quote name="TideMan09" post=2602933]In this day & age of cell phones, tablets, CSmart Phones, that allows you too connect with Family & Friends instantly, there's literally no excuse for kids drinking n driving at all involving alchohol..I'm all for kids will be kids, but, when you put other folks lives at risk, when you drink & make a conscious decision to drive..I'll respect the punishment Coach Saban hands down to Geno & will have no sympathy for Geno should he be kicked off the team or urged strongly to find another school to play football for..I want The Crimson Tide to win every game we play, but, I also expect our Players to represent our University with "Pride & Class"..I can handle stuff like public intoxication that doesn't involve putting innocent lives at risk, when a kid gets behind the wheel, after drinking alcohol & creating a dangerous situation for anyone that's sharing the road with them..There's simply no excuse for it, not with all the means of communications they have these days..They can get in touch with someone to come take them home fairly easily.. <br />
<br />
If folks disagree's with me, I can & will respect their opinons on this matter, cause obviously folks has different opinions about this kinda situation..About 12yrs ago I was engaged to a gal I went to high school with & we were living together before we were going to get married..I was working 2nd shift at a local ribbon factory, cause it allowed me to make more money working overtime, to help buy us a home we were trying to buy before we got married..One night she was bringing me something to eat during my break, cause I had missed supper cause I was working overtime..She was killed by a man that was drinking & driving in a head on crash, on her way to the factory bringing me something to eat, he swerved into oncoming traffic & hit her head-on..She died instantly..It brings tears thinking about Fayla dying that night & how much it changed my life cause of that man's decision to drink & drive.. I still feel responsible cause she was coming to see me when she died that night..<br />
<br />
Like I said I will respect & support Coach Saban's decision on Geno's situation should Geon be allowed to stay on the team, but, I will have no sympathy for Geno should he be kicked off the team either for obvious personal reasons..Whether or not Geno stays on the team or is kicked off, he will be in Coach Saban's proverbial "DogHouse", and I suspect it will e hard for him to see the field this coming season after a 2nd DUI..It will allow our younger Players to learn from Geno's mistake & it will create a situation for the younger guys to step up & earn some PT this coming season..[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
Having lost people I love to drunk drivers I'm with you completely. I think the law should be far more stringent than it is. To me it's like firing into a crowd but not killing anyone. It's not like they overlook those instances. DDs just have a 2000 lb gun and it can be just as deadly when hammered. <br />
<br />
<br />
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk<br/>

That's a great analogy. I'm a dui prosecutor in south Carolina and I really wish the penalties were higher. You are usually looking at your third dui before really facing time and even then it's usually the minimum on home detention plus probation.

They are more damaging to society than an individually who shop lifts but I see those people get slammed with prison. It makes no sense.

I hope these two guys are dismissed and cam serve as a lesson for the team that dui and cdv are not acceptable

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Re: Gino Smith Arrested

I say he has a problem. I don't think he should be kicked out of school. IMO he needs to redshirt this year and get some help dealing with his obvious addiction. Its about saving this young mans life now even if it means putting him in a treatment facility. Playing football is way down the list or should be for Geno.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Re: Gino Smith Arrested

I say he has a problem. I don't think he should be kicked out of school. IMO he needs to redshirt this year and get some help dealing with his obvious addiction. Its about saving this young mans life now even if it means putting him in a treatment facility. Playing football is way down the list or should be for Geno.
A room mate of mine had 2 DUI's while at Bama, he wasn't an addict he was just an idiot. Geno could be the same. Either way he should be done at Bama. He had a second chance and he screwed it up.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
At Geno's age I would have had 6 DWI's but back then Tuscaloosa would give you a DWI fine but change the charge to reckless driving to save your license. They knew my car and would stop me everytime they saw me because they knew I would have a cold one in my hand. Then I discovered an herbal remedy to take the place of alcohol. That was 1973 and I haven't been arrested since.

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014
At Geno's age I would have had 6 DWI's but back then Tuscaloosa would give you a DWI fine but change the charge to reckless driving to save your license. They knew my car and would stop me everytime they saw me because they knew I would have a cold one in my hand. Then I discovered an herbal remedy to take the place of alcohol. That was 1973 and I haven't been arrested since.
Unfortunate that you were so selfish to put so many other people in danger. Not sure how that excuses Geno in any way.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well, things like this show why nobody is a perfect Christ-like example because I can't help but judge people who hit women. I can forgive Geno if he can fix this personal defect.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Well, things like this show why nobody is a perfect Christ-like example because I can't help but judge people who hit women. I can forgive Geno if he can fix this personal defect.
This is how I feel also. There are countless stories of drug addicts and alcoholics getting help and turning there lives around. The first step to recovery is usually to admit you have a problem. Maybe as Jon said he has already had his second chance and that should be it. I just know if it were my child I would want someone to help save his life and playing football would come second. Just to be clear I don't care if he never plays another down at Alabama, I just think if he has a problem we should help him.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
IMO it shouldn't be so easy to get off of a DUI charge. You hire a lawyer and it gets plea'd down to nothing. And this is off topic but the time and penalties for using and making meth should be tripled. Im not sure if everyone realizes how bad it is out there as far as meth is concerned but its worse than you think. IMO you can't treat it like marijuana, just because it a so called poor mans drug doesn't mean the collateral damage is the same as marijuana.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.