Two national leaders make controversial statements, what do you do?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://hotair.com/archives/2015/03/...just-stuff-he-says-for-his-domestic-audience/

Why is Khamenei’s “death to America” rhetoric worth taking less seriously than Netanyahu saying there’ll be no Palestinian state while he’s prime minister the day before the Israeli elections? The White House has spent the past week insisting that it has no choice but to take Netanyahu at his word even though privately he’s more open to a Palestinian state than he lets on. If anyone was obviously pandering to a domestic audience for political gain, it was Bibi — and yet we’re going to insist on holding him to what he said. Meanwhile, the supreme leader of a gang of Shiite fanatics leads a crowd in chanting “death to America” in the middle of nuke negotiations and the White House shrugs that off as bluster that we needn’t pay much attention to. Anyone care to explain the double standard? Theories welcome.
As the article's author requests, your theories [and thoughts] on these different responses from our Executive branch are welcome.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I don't know the answer to your question. What I do know is that Iran seems to be making a major power play in the middle east right now. They've been involved in Lebanon for years. More recently in Syria. And now over the last few weeks, they've moved into Iraq and at least a supportive, if not direct, role in the Yemen uprising. The Saudis are freaking out, understandably. And these are the guys we're making a nuke deal with while we express our disapproval of Israel and Netanyahu?!

I just don't get it. Are we that terrified of ISIS that we'll literally give Iran whatever it wants if it'll just take care of the problem? Iran seems to be totally kicking our butts on the chess board right now.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Netanyahu's statement was taken out of context. He said there would be no Palestinian State while he was Prime Minister because the other side would never accept any agreement. He has no one to negotiate honestly with on the situation. So Obama seized an opportunity to skew the narrative.
As for the Obama Administration saying the Iranian's call for death to America being just rhetoric designed to fool the Iranian people, it is what we have here every day out of Washington. They see nothing wrong with lying to the people they serve. The question is "who is lying in this case?"
As PTU said above the whole area is a mess and the U.S. seems to be supplying arms and support to all sides of the conflict. If we have a single ally who trusts the U.S after Obama leaves office it will be surprising. Everyday there is another shocking revelation from The White House and it is not anything that creates a feeling of security.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Do Obama and his liberal policies benefit from the high oil prices that would likely result from uncontrolled unrest in the Middle East?

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Do Obama and his liberal policies benefit from the high oil prices that would likely result from uncontrolled unrest in the Middle East?
That's hard to say. It would hurt the already struggling economy. Based on his agenda and the decisions he has made and forced on the American people, that may be one of his goals. In order to transform our government and country they must be degraded and demoralized to the point the people demand change. Just like in the ME, a void creates an opening for opportunists with evil intentions. The constant corruption, conflict, and scandal is overwhelming, intentional chaos.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I don't know the answer to your question. What I do know is that Iran seems to be making a major power play in the middle east right now. They've been involved in Lebanon for years. More recently in Syria. And now over the last few weeks, they've moved into Iraq and at least a supportive, if not direct, role in the Yemen uprising. The Saudis are freaking out, understandably. And these are the guys we're making a nuke deal with while we express our disapproval of Israel and Netanyahu?!

I just don't get it. Are we that terrified of ISIS that we'll literally give Iran whatever it wants if it'll just take care of the problem? Iran seems to be totally kicking our butts on the chess board right now.
That's because that movie "Dumb and Dumber" has been playing in Washington, D. C. for the past 6+ years. And in 2016, the Dumbest of all may be elected by the uneducated American electorate.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It appears The One aspires to rewrite JFK's formula:
The One wishes to "support any foe, oppose any friend to assure the demise and the failure of liberty."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.