Seven Injured In Panama City Beach Shooting (Spring Break)

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150328/us--spring_break-shooting-96c6f570a0.html

Seven people were injured, some critically, during an early-morning spray of gunfire Saturday at a spring break party on the Florida Panhandle, police said. An Alabama man was quickly apprehended and charged with attempted murder.

Multiple 911 calls flooded in just before 1 a.m., reporting the shootings at the house party in Panama City Beach, and deputies arriving on the scene found a sprawling crime scene with victims inside the home, outside and across the street from it, and in the street's median, the Bay County Sheriff's Office said.

Officers set up a perimeter and found a suspect matching witnesses' description. David Jamichael Daniels, 22, of Mobile, Alabama, was charged with seven counts of attempted murder and jailed awaiting a first court appearance. A .40-caliber handgun believed to have been used was found in the yard of a nearby home.

The sheriff's office said several of the victims were students from Alabama A&M University in Panama City Beach for spring break.

Wow. Ft. Lauderdale chased them off, Daytona chased them off, and Spring Break seems to have taken on a new identity in PCB. I really feel for the cops down there.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150328/us--spring_break-shooting-96c6f570a0.html

Seven people were injured, some critically, during an early-morning spray of gunfire Saturday at a spring break party on the Florida Panhandle, police said. An Alabama man was quickly apprehended and charged with attempted murder.

Multiple 911 calls flooded in just before 1 a.m., reporting the shootings at the house party in Panama City Beach, and deputies arriving on the scene found a sprawling crime scene with victims inside the home, outside and across the street from it, and in the street's median, the Bay County Sheriff's Office said.

Officers set up a perimeter and found a suspect matching witnesses' description. David Jamichael Daniels, 22, of Mobile, Alabama, was charged with seven counts of attempted murder and jailed awaiting a first court appearance. A .40-caliber handgun believed to have been used was found in the yard of a nearby home.

The sheriff's office said several of the victims were students from Alabama A&M University in Panama City Beach for spring break.

Wow. Ft. Lauderdale chased them off, Daytona chased them off, and Spring Break seems to have taken on a new identity in PCB. I really feel for the cops down there.
Wonder when PCB will get wise and chase em off too, according to this the economic impact isn't nearly as good as believed http://www.theatlantic.com/business...history-and-economics-of-spring-break/274347/

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
My parents had a condo down there in the 00's and I had thought they had chased a lot of the yutes away by increased police presence cracking down on public intoxication and flashing to begin catering more towards families like Destin.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
PCB has always been the place to go for teens/college students. At least since when I was younger, I am surprised that it is still going strong. Thought it would have been destroyed by now. ;)

I stay clear of PCB for this reason.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
PCB wasn't too bad when I was a kid - about like Destin is now. But MTV started broadcasting live from the town during spring break in the early 90s - wet t-shirt contests and the like, all sponsored by adult beverage companies. That ramped things up big time. PCB is a cesspool now, and I avoid it whenever possible.

Go to Orange Beach or Gulf Shores instead.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.