And now Jonathan Taylor....again

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Well.. If things goes as what it is suspected based on the story, (I'm not saying it's the truth or not..) and case in Georgia is dismissed... then He got screwed. He has a good case against Alabama. I don't think we really knowo anything right now behind the doors, but Something isn't right... and what's not right, needs to be corrected... My question is... why was he expelled or "dismissed" from the school, if the girl claimed she did this to herself and just wanted to get him in trouble? Did he violate the rule by being with her? We dont know. This is way weird situation right now...we just have to wait and see wha thappens nex tweek.

This is not addressed solely to "Just need me"
I just have one question... Would Jonathan Taylor been expelled, released, disqualified... whatever, if these 'fabrications' had not been trumpeted? If that answer is ...no, than why should he not be allowed to return? I understand that those that did not think he should have been admitted in the first place are breathing a sigh of relief. But what's right is right and what's an injustice is still an injustice. And if he was good enough for CNS in January, other than the lies, what's changed now (OK two questions)?

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
4. He actually did it.

Right now, I think it's a 1, 2, 3 all together.
You could very well be right. I know one thing...this is a decision I'm glad I don't have to make. Especially right in the middle of Spring Practices. Hang in there Coach Saban, if you are the man I believe you to be, I'm sure your decision will be well thought out and fair. And, for as little as my opinion counts, you'll still have my support.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No idea what to believe. Not sure that we will ever know the truth about this situation. We do know that the girl is a liar, and we also know that Taylor has a history of violence. But that is all that we know at this point.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
No idea what to believe. Not sure that we will ever know the truth about this situation. We do know that the girl is a liar, and we also know that Taylor has a history of violence. But that is all that we know at this point.
He hasn't been convicted of anything yet. But he also will never play for Alabama, so this is the end of my interest in Mr. Taylor.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Let me say...I think there should be no place for domestic violence. However, to kick him out of school on an allegation that is now in some doubt, just doesn't seem right until all the facts are straightened out.
By the way...isn't Coach Saban's daughter being sued for beating up a female student....was she kicked out of the university?

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Let me say...I think there should be no place for domestic violence. However, to kick him our of school on an allegation that is now in some doubt, just doesn't seem right until all the facts ate straightened out.
By the way...isn't Coach Saban's daughter being sued for beating up a female student....was she kicked out of the university?
IIRC, Kristin was not charged with a crime. Her case is completely a civil suit.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think it is safe to say we also know this...

I am confident Saban talked to Taylor first in deciding what to do with him. After hearing what Taylor had to say, and getting the info from police and prolly some others too, Saban decided Taylor was no longer someone who should be on the team so he dismissed him.

Lots of people have expressed confidence in Saban as far as his judgment to recruit Taylor...I'm saying I trust Saban's judgment in deciding Taylor should go.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
This may have been a case of kicking him out too soon. Even if she completely lied, I don't see how they could let him back on the team. They will be afraid of what could happen next. If he gets in trouble again, that would look really bad then. This is a tough situation.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Sigh... Can't wait for A-day, so we can forget all the drama for a little while and just watch our guys play football.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Nick Saban on Monday news conference: 'I didn't handle it the best way'

Saban addressed the news conference during an interview with ESPN.com Thursday.

"Look, I didn't handle it the best way, and I take responsibility for that, but I certainly didn't mean for it to come across that I was insensitive to the seriousness of domestic violence," Saban told ESPN.com.

"I'm not insensitive to this issue. I'm very sensitive to it and will continue to be, but I also believe in giving kids chances. That's the point I was trying to make. I'm sorry for the incident, sorry for the people involved in the incident, sorry this ever happened, sorry for our team, sorry for the university. I'm sorry in every way. But I'm not sorry for giving the guy an opportunity because that sets you up to never be able to give the next guy an opportunity."

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN
I think it is safe to say we also know this...

I am confident Saban talked to Taylor first in deciding what to do with him. After hearing what Taylor had to say, and getting the info from police and prolly some others too, Saban decided Taylor was no longer someone who should be on the team so he dismissed him.

Lots of people have expressed confidence in Saban as far as his judgment to recruit Taylor...I'm saying I trust Saban's judgment in deciding Taylor should go.
Absolutely positive he would base his decision off his own fact-finding mission. I would imagine it would sound something like this, "Johnathan, what I am asking you is did you put your hands on her at all? I told you there wold be zero tolerance for that. I have to let you go."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.