And now Jonathan Taylor....again

BamaDynasty

Scout Team
May 9, 2003
Smyrna,GA,USA
I have zero doubt that CNS talked to everyone he could about JT and this was a university decision. Sure, he's a great FB player, BUT I sincerely believe CNS felt he could help the young man.

The documented fact that he's stayed in former players' lives and offered them guidance and assistance (Jimmy Johns, Jamarcus Russell, Ro McClain, etc.) shows that he cares.

He was wrong on this one, it bit him in the tail, he said he was sorry for how it all worked out and he's moving forward.

For anyone (fans, media, rivals) to "pile on" and take glee in this is sad. The young lady hopefully will be okay and JT will have to serve his punishment, probably go the HBCU route, and probably end up playing on Sundays.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I think that I understand why Saban refuses to demonize Taylor right now. If Taylor doesn't have someone in his corner, he could really disappear into a dark place. Saban feels something for Taylor and refuses to abandon him in spite of the criticism that he knows will come from this decision. I see this as a sign of Saban's character, not an ego problem.

I can't speak to Taylor as a good person/bad person. I just have no idea. I have known good men and women who had problems that led to unacceptable actions. With help, maybe Taylor can overcome his problems. But when the problems lead to repeated violence against anyone, it is time to leave all forms of violence in the past - and football is about as violent as you can get in a sport.

I hope that Taylor finds what he needs before he really hurts someone.
Good post, as usual, B1G...

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I`m sorry, but are there actually people calling for CNS to resign? There`s so much static, verbiage, etc., to wade through.
I'm hoping it wasn't me you were referring to as "calling for CNS to resign". I did make that comment in reference to those not completely satisfied with CNS's press conference. But I can't recall anyone actually posting that thought. I guess I should have put that in blue also. And I think I will. Thanks for pointing that out.
Roll Tide!

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
For starters, never, ever recruit someone with pending felony charges again. Let the law get done with them first. Then, if you think you can be a good influence on them, take a chance. That's all I ask from this situation.
That's fair enough. It would help if one could get a fair and speedy trial (does that happen anymore?).

Roll Tide!

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
For anyone (fans, media, rivals) to "pile on" and take glee in this is sad. The young lady hopefully will be okay and JT will have to serve his punishment, probably go the HBCU route, and probably end up playing on Sundays.
It is sad, but unfortunately there are more than enough media types and "social commentators" who never let an opportunity pass to do just that, to pile on...and yes hopefully the young lady is OK, and learns from this episode too, and is able to move forward.
One thing that I thought of, it makes you wonder if this backlash could affect a future decision on what could be a truly deserving person, who desperately needs a 2nd chance. Although I'm sure its left a bad taste in Coach Saban's mouth, I also feel that he's a man of integrity and wouldn't allow this to affect his judgment or discretion.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I think that I understand why Saban refuses to demonize Taylor right now. If Taylor doesn't have someone in his corner, he could really disappear into a dark place. Saban feels something for Taylor and refuses to abandon him in spite of the criticism that he knows will come from this decision. I see this as a sign of Saban's character, not an ego problem.

I can't speak to Taylor as a good person/bad person. I just have no idea. I have known good men and women who had problems that led to unacceptable actions. With help, maybe Taylor can overcome his problems. But when the problems lead to repeated violence against anyone, it is time to leave all forms of violence in the past - and football is about as violent as you can get in a sport.

I hope that Taylor finds what he needs before he really hurts someone.
I really miss the "like" and "thank" buttons! I LOVE this post and THANK you for it!! Agree!

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
In addition to all the off-field headaches this is generating, a look at the roster and who will likely be leaving after this season [A Robinson, J Reed, Pettway, Allen maybe] is a bit unsettling. We could be thin on the DL in 2016.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm hoping it wasn't me you were referring to as "calling for CNS to resign". I did make that comment in reference to those not completely satisfied with CNS's press conference. But I can't recall anyone actually posting that thought. I guess I should have put that in blue also. And I think I will. Thanks for pointing that out.
Roll Tide!
No, not at all. In all the volumes of stuff, I`ve just recollected seeing the word "resign" a few times.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Opposing camps on Tidefans as to whether Coach Saban's decision was right or wrong serves no purpose except for some posters to attack other posters. What is done is done and cannot be undone.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Opposing camps on Tidefans as to whether Coach Saban's decision was right or wrong serves no purpose except for some posters to attack other posters. What is done is done and cannot be undone.

Agreed! Turns out it was a bad decision. We ALL make them so give the man a break... He's right a hell of a lot more than he's wrong...

Tider6972

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 21, 2000
Montgomery, Al USA
True.
What those who care about the integrity of The University must do is assure it doesn't happen again that we Go Looking for trouble,proven bad-guy trouble, such as this.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
My main issue with something like this is that there is very little upside. It just seems to go against the discipline Saban preaches, and the long term thinking that is the essence of the process. If CNS comes down hard on a player, I can see him thinking, at least I don't hit women. Hopefully, we learn and move on.

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014
Quick question on the matter; how does someone with pending felony charges even get admitted to the University...???

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Quick question on the matter; how does someone with pending felony charges even get admitted to the University...???
I`d like to think not, especially since UA is my alma mater, but could the fact that he`s 6`4" and 335 and very quick for someone his size have anything to do with it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.