And now Jonathan Taylor....again

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If Saban reverses his decision, then he will catch sume criticism for bowing to public pressure, and kicking Taylor off the team before he had all the information.
My guess is Eyeshade was right, and Saban did what he did after Taylor told him what happened.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Her recanting her story probably keeps his pending charges from escalating especially if he was in works of negotiating a plea deal. Secondly he probably would be finished as a football player at most any level. Now he may still be able to catch on with a lower division team.

At the very least he made himself vulnerable to such an accusation by his own actions which in reality violates the spirit of his second chance. We just need to move on.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/coll...r/nkkNr/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_uga_sfp

Her recanting her story probably keeps his pending charges from being escalating especially if was in works of negotiating a plea deal. Secondly he probably would be finished as a football player at most any level. Now may still be able to catch on with a lower division team.

At the very least he made himself vulnerable to such an accusation by his own actions which in reality violates the spirit of his second chance. We just need to move on.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I'm sure this is not the case, but...

It wouldn't bother me if Saban had a rule for the team that said if a player has a history of being in trouble and is stupid enough to pick a girl to date who will set him up and have him arrested then he's off the team for being plain old dumb.
Assuming the whole incident was cooked up to get back at him..........sorry, bub, but you were told to stay in the clear, 100% of the time. That includes your choice in female companions. If you hang out with nut jobs, well, you were warned.

Hope it turns out he was innocent, and gets his life in order. Will just have to be somewhere else.

Life is hard, Beavis.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"Innocent until proven guilty" is a LEGAL FICTION that ONLY applies in the courtroom - it has no credence anywhere else in life. It has NO APPLICATION AT ALL to a college scholarship.

Your boss can fire you at work with reasonable suspicion that you did something wrong - and if you don't have a union then you're probably sunk. The boss doesn't have to PROVE you did it (at the same time, if there are security cameras showing you doing whatever, the "proof" is obvious).

I just think this is drama we don't need. What's to stop him from getting put back on the team and then having an episode that's not too bad but causes an LSU backer to make a charge on the Monday of the off week BEFORE the LSU game? It will swallow the two weeks and no matter what Saban does, it will be wrong and he'll be pilloried - God help us if we're unbeaten at that point with that distraction.

Cr1msoN4life

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
I disagree with your comment , that "INNOCENT UNTIL Proven guilty" only applies in the courtroom. It clearly states in the constitution that we are all born equal with certain unalienable rights.. The right to be innocent until proven guilty transcends all boundaries, and applies in all instances... With your reasoning any college athlete could be kicked out of school on pure here-say.. That is not a realistic approach , or an acceptable answer. Also alabama is one of the few right to fire states that still exist...P.S Reasonable suspicion should constitute more than someones freely admitted false statement. Taylor should be reinstated, and thats clearly the right thing to do. Just my 2 cents worth.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I disagree with your comment , that "INNOCENT UNTIL Proven guilty" only applies in the courtroom. It clearly states in the constitution that we are all born equal with certain unalienable rights.. The right to be innocent until proven guilty transcends all boundaries, and applies in all instances... With your reasoning any college athlete could be kicked out of school on pure here-say.. That is not a realistic approach , or an acceptable answer. Also alabama is one of the few right to fire states that still exist...P.S Reasonable suspicion should constitute more than someones freely admitted false statement. Taylor should be reinstated, and thats clearly the right thing to do. Just my 2 cents worth.
A succcessful coach or CEO ofen makes the decision he feels is right for his entire program. At times, guilt or innocence has little to do with it. A lifetime ago, the best player in the NFL was told to stop hanging around with gamblers. Joe Namath shed a few tears and took earlier retirement but eventually complied.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
UAPD reviewed photos of Taylor's alleged assault in 2014

The University of Alabama Police Department obtained and reviewed photographs that detailed Jonathan Taylor's 2014 alleged aggravated assault in Athens, Ga., before Taylor enrolled at UA in January.

Taylor was kicked off the University of Georgia football team after the July 22 domestic violence incident, his second arrest in a span of five months. He spent one football season at Copiah-Lincoln Community College in Mississippi before enrolling at UA.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Update

The girlfriend of a former University of Alabama player dismissed in the wake of domestic violence accusations told police that she suspected him of cheating, according to court documents made public Thursday.

The woman, 24, told police on Saturday that she used her hands to make marks on her neck that she attributed to him.

She filed a report with police Saturday, stating that Taylor had injured her neck and punched a hole in a closet door at her off-campus apartment, but recanted the story two days later. She told police during interviews Monday and Tuesday that the door was damaged before.

The woman told investigators that she made up the allegations because Taylor cheated on her in December and she suspected him of cheating again, the investigator assigned to the case wrote in a deposition filed in Tuscaloosa County District Court.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I think that I understand why Saban refuses to demonize Taylor right now. If Taylor doesn't have someone in his corner, he could really disappear into a dark place. Saban feels something for Taylor and refuses to abandon him in spite of the criticism that he knows will come from this decision. I see this as a sign of Saban's character, not an ego problem.

I can't speak to Taylor as a good person/bad person. I just have no idea. I have known good men and women who had problems that led to unacceptable actions. With help, maybe Taylor can overcome his problems. But when the problems lead to repeated violence against anyone, it is time to leave all forms of violence in the past - and football is about as violent as you can get in a sport.

I hope that Taylor finds what he needs before he really hurts someone.
Well said

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
"Innocent until proven guilty" is a LEGAL FICTION that ONLY applies in the courtroom - it has no credence anywhere else in life. It has NO APPLICATION AT ALL to a college scholarship.

Your boss can fire you at work with reasonable suspicion that you did something wrong - and if you don't have a union then you're probably sunk. The boss doesn't have to PROVE you did it (at the same time, if there are security cameras showing you doing whatever, the "proof" is obvious).
**THANK**

Now, as to Jonathan Taylor's situation, I think I am in the "JessN" camp in that his returning or not is up to Coach Saban; and he will likely consider the parameters and requirements that were given to JT upon his signing and their conversation after his most recent incident. I hate to see a young man lose a chance at redemption because of something that was a total fabrication. Now, if JT so much as broke her fingernail then bye-bye.

I do dislike the drama.

Last edited:

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
ESPN is reporting the woman involved has recanted her allegations and that T town police have charged her with filing a false report. So what happens now? I do not think that being victimized by a vindictive female is necessarily a good reason for dismissal.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
ESPN is reporting the woman involved has recanted her allegations and that T town police have charged her with filing a false report. So what happens now? I do not think that being victimized by a vindictive female is necessarily a good reason for dismissal.
Old news bro. Check out the last 10 pages or so.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
wow...........
This is not addressed solely to "Just need me"
I just have one question... Would Jonathan Taylor been expelled, released, disqualified... whatever, if these 'fabrications' had not been trumpeted? If that answer is ...no, than why should he not be allowed to return? I understand that those that did not think he should have been admitted in the first place are breathing a sigh of relief. But what's right is right and what's an injustice is still an injustice. And if he was good enough for CNS in January, other than the lies, what's changed now (OK two questions)?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.