And now Jonathan Taylor....again

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
All I know is that, he was following the rules established by the UA and He was doing what he was supposed to do. So, if the girl did in fact lied and set him up, then I don't see the issue with him returning to the team. Earlier, I did say that was real weird for him to be doing something like that especially when he was attending counseling, etc. If he did do it, he deserves to be off the team. I think we need to push aside personal feeling or a moment... If the girl lied, we need to do the right thing ... If he did in fact do it, then we made the right decision. I really wish sometime Media would stay out of some things these days... it can make or ruin a person's life... The same goes for a CEO who said something to a girl at Chick fila and he lost his job, home, and all because of that. He now regret it.. but he cannot find a job... based on his mistakes... People change, but the past won't let a person forget mistakes...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I really wish sometime Media would stay out of some things these days... it can make or ruin a person's life...
The media only reported the story form the police report - I don't blame them one bit.

As for the recant of the story, I suppose for some it'll be interesting to hear the explanation of her injuries and the hole in the wall...

I do know that without previous DV charges hanging over his head JT might have gotten some leniency, but it certainly appears he brought this on himself. Blaming the media is silly, imo.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Fair enough.

The media only reported the story form the police report - I don't blame them one bit.

As for the recant of the story, I suppose for some it'll be interesting to hear the explanation of her injuries and the hole in the wall...

I do know that without previous DV charges hanging over his head JT might have gotten some leniency, but it certainly appears he brought this on himself. Blaming the media is silly, imo.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
If anyone else gets out of line this spring after the past week we've had I'm not so sure that individual shouldn't just leave under cover of the night and never return....as wound up as CNS is at this point, I certainly wouldn't want to face him.

I hope the rest of the guys are walking on pins and needles, keeping it between the ditches or any other idiom one can insert here...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
And at either rate, people should only be kicked off campus and lose a scholarship for facts not "fair assumptions about how these things go."

Yeah, I'm skeptical about the recant but the facts have changed. With all that said, I don't think the young man should have ever been offered a scholarship here with an ongoing legal proceeding in Georgia involving domestic abuse. This was just a whole bunch of egg in the face, headshaking, and facepalming to arrive at what the status quo shoulda been all along.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
These things are always ugly, but I honestly don't think she choked herself, knocked a hole in the wall/door/whatever, called the cops and had him arrested because he was innocently sitting on the front porch watching the flowers bloom.

If JT wanted to survive, he should have adopted the Billy Graham rule -- never be alone in the room with a woman you aren't married to. Sad for him, but I think that is about what it came down to here. Moving on. I'm in hopes that soon we can actually go back to talking about the performance of our football players on the field, not the local courthouse. Sigh.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
And at either rate, people should only be kicked off campus and lose a scholarship for facts not "fair assumptions about how these things go."

Yeah, I'm skeptical about the recant but the facts have changed. With all that said, I don't think the young man should have ever been offered a scholarship here with an ongoing legal proceeding in Georgia involving domestic abuse. This was just a whole bunch of egg in the face, headshaking, and facepalming to arrive at what the status quo shoulda been all along.
The fact that the legal proceedings were ongoing causes me to agree.

Once the legal process had finished unfolding I would just defer to Coach Saban. I don't have the information he does about this guy. As I said before he did recruit him and knowing his usual thoroughness I assume he has seen a different side of this young man, and his family.

My guess is that the lesson learned Coach Saban in a side way referred to would be to let the legal process finish and probably do a lot more due diligence before offering again.

As for what happens now, who knows? If he is convinced that the kid really is a different person than is being portrayed for everyone, I can see him getting another chance. I just don't see it happening, and hope it doesn't until he has a completely clear legal situation.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If anyone else gets out of line this spring after the past week we've had I'm not so sure that individual shouldn't just leave under cover of the night and never return....as wound up as CNS is at this point, I certainly wouldn't want to face him.

I hope the rest of the guys are walking on pins and needles, keeping it between the ditches or any other idiom one can insert here...
I agree. I feel certain our leadership group leaders have had meetings with the team also and told them it is time to grow up and keep their noses clean.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I dont want the team to go into summer and fall feeling like there's pressure on them... remember how we played last year prior to Arkansas game...

I agree. I feel certain our leadership group leaders have had meetings with the team also and told them it is time to grow up and keep their noses clean.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
@RickKarle Jon Taylor lawyer Kim Stephens:"When I initially heard about the allegations against Jon in Tuscaloosa, I suspected they may be false...

@RickKarle Stephens Continued:"...because they so closely resembled the newspaper reports of his arrest in Athens..."

@RickKarle Stephens continued: "Today’s mass media coverage means that when an athlete is charged w a crime they are vulnerable to false allegations."

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Whoa...........

@RickKarle Jon Taylor lawyer Kim Stephens:"When I initially heard about the allegations against Jon in Tuscaloosa, I suspected they may be false...

@RickKarle Stephens Continued:"...because they so closely resembled the newspaper reports of his arrest in Athens..."

@RickKarle Stephens continued: "Today’s mass media coverage means that when an athlete is charged w a crime they are vulnerable to false allegations."

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
A question for the board. If it is verified that indeed the allegations were false, is what I would assume the action that the majority of the board thinks should be taken ( follow through and let him go ) synonymous with what is the right thing to do?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A question for the board. If it is verified that indeed the allegations were false, is what I would assume the action that the majority of the board thinks should be taken ( follow through and let him go ) synonymous with what is the right thing to do?
Depends - if he still became violent and punched a hole in her door, he still needs help. Would that violate the zero tolerance agreement that he has in place with Saban/Alabama?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.