And now Jonathan Taylor....again

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yep he blew his second chance awfully quick. Shame dude is a beast on the field but unfortunately it is just not on the field obviously.
Well, actually, it seems that he is a beast both on the field and off. Unfortunately, we brought this young man to Tuscaloosa, and it appears that another young woman paid the price. We don't know the whole situation, so hopefully it is some type of misunderstanding. If it is true, I hope he is locked up instead of being taken in by another benevolent coach who only sees potential on the field.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I don't mind giving a second chance ~ but it is a "chance" that can backfire. The last two have gone boom in our face. I wonder what the percentage is of second chances.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I love the University of Alabama, but this kind of behavior makes me question the importance of collegiate athletics at any school. I am sure at some point in our lives we have all tried to lend a helping hand to someone and later regretted it. You cannot save them all.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
It is always easy to be critical in hindsight but I am sure there are a ton of kids who made the most of a second chance and done well. This kid blew his chance plain and simple.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's easy to be critical and while I'm in general agreement with the sentiments expressed here, numerous guys make the most of a second chance. Bryant and Stallings both gave guys chance after chance as they aged, and until Saban adopts the posture of Jimbo Fisher and tries to look like he's justifying the crime (as opposed to the opportunity), I'll cut him some slack. However, with the hot button issue domestic violence has become in the NFL, that is the last thing in my view that deserves a second chance short of Sandusky.

Taylor is the next Lawrence Phillips, who is in the iron hotel for 30 years right now.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
this kid needs to be on the first bus out of town in the morning.

geno smith needs to be in an alcohol rehab program (2 DUI before you get out of college) and if his problem is bad enough, he may need to look into a medical redshirt.

football needs to take a backseat to concern over a potential life-long substance abuse issue.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
Is it really a "second chance" when he has yet to be adjudicated in Georgia for his felony charges? It was likely he would have to do time on those when the charges were resolved either through court or a plea bargain.

To me that was the most appalling part of this embarrassing charade - he still had felony charges pending against him but "athletics had nothing to do with the decision".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.