And now Jonathan Taylor....again

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
IF he didn't do anything that would violate the agreement... add more rules .. such as never being alone at all time, more training...
Depends - if he still became violent and punched a hole in her door, he still needs help. Would that violate the zero tolerance agreement that he has in place with Saban/Alabama?

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
If JT had done everything exactly as he was required in order to be on the team and a student at the University, and if these allegations are totally false, there is no "right" thing to do but restore him to where he was prior to the allegations. I thought the decision to give him a second chance at Alabama was a risky one, but it was done, and nothing can change that. He will be punished for the wrong he did at Georgia, but how can UA punish him for doing right by what was required of him? That would be a disgrace imo. Time will tell what the truth is. And B1G, I would think that either of the allegations would be a violation, and rightfully so.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
http://www.al.com/news/tuscaloosa/index.ssf/2015/04/i_believe_something_happened_i.html#incart_river

Hart said Taylor and his accuser are the only witnesses to the incident. He declined to go into detail about Taylor's account of what happened, or about what caused the couple to argue.

He said the investigation will take as long as it needs to, then all the information gathered will be given to the district attorney. Hart said neither the police department nor the sheriff's office can drop the charges against Taylor, that decision will fall on area courts. "The charges that are against him right now still stand," Hart said. "This will be something that's decided in the court system, and they will take into account what she has said now, what officers saw initially at the scene, and what our investigation will continue to find."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
If JT had done everything exactly as he was required in order to be on the team and a student at the University, and if these allegations are totally false, there is no "right" thing to do but restore him to where he was prior to the allegations. I thought the decision to give him a second chance at Alabama was a risky one, but it was done, and nothing can change that. He will be punished for the wrong he did at Georgia, but how can UA punish him for doing right by what was required of him? That would be a disgrace imo. Time will tell what the truth is. And B1G, I would think that either of the allegations would be a violation, and rightfully so.
Unfortunately, I agree with your assessment that he ought to be restored to his previous status if the allegations are discovered to be wholly false. Alabama can't punish him for something that happened before they even offered him a scholarship, so if this stuff goes up in smoke then they would have effectively terminated his scholarship for nothing. His lawyer could have a field day with it too.

Despite having strong opinions against Taylor ever stepping foot on campus, I cannot deny that he has a strong legal position for getting his scholarship back if this new information holds up.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Sounds like with that going on plus his case... He probably wouldn't be playing football until both are resolved. IF it's the same girl.. then oh boy.... has he been kicked off the campus or is allowed to finish the semester?

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
My thoughts.

1. Never wanted him on campus, but it sucks that he opportunity got taken away from him.
2. I believe false accusations should be a very serious crime, with mandatory jail time.
3. I hope CNS trolls media hard
4. RTR

Cr1msoN4life

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2010
It seems his girlfriend has totally recanted all her statement saying she totally made it up , out of anger. There is no law about putting holes in doors.. I have stumbled in a complete drunk and fell into a door and put a whole right through it . Ive also boxed a speed bag mounted on one and missed and put a whole right through one.. We should be innocent until proven guilty. If he is proven innocent the kid deserves to be reinstated , and a complete apology..

bamakeeb

3rd Team
May 2, 2011
Look...We don't know what was involved with 'zero tolerance'. SOMETHING happened and the police rolled. Maybe that was enough. He was on a pretty short leash.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm sure this is not the case, but...

It wouldn't bother me if Saban had a rule for the team that said if a player has a history of being in trouble and is stupid enough to pick a girl to date who will set him up and have him arrested then he's off the team for being plain old dumb.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I think there's no way to put the toothpaste back in the tube, here.

"The 24-year-old victim had minor injuries to her neck from the assault."

Were they self-inflicted to add credence to her story... who knows. In any case, with so much being said by so many that he never should have been here in the first place... this decision is very unlikely to be reversed.

From a legal standpoint (and I'm no lawyer) I think Taylor would have no recourse against the university. They can probably pull a scholarship at any time for any reason. He likely would have recourse against the girl (if she has anything to get).

I think the Taylor ship has sailed. Ain't no going back.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Pretty sad if he's innocent. I wish it was like it used to be when you were innocent until proven guilty.
But hey, it's the new and improved America. What can I say?

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England
This Taylor ship has sailed already. Even if this new developing story turns out to be true, Taylor should not be reinstated back to the UoA. Doing so would only fuel the wild speculation that the university may have something to do with the change in the accuser's story.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
assuming for argument's sake that she really did make this all up, do we really need this kind of drama?

whether he beat her up or not, it's apparent his life is still a mess largely of his own making.

i harbor no ill will towards the young man, but as an alum of the university, i'd rather he take his act elsewhere.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
is it my imagination or does Nick Saban do his own investigations in these matters? Going back to the phony assault allegations against Ro Mac, I seem to recall the coach insisting on asking a few questions himself.

I suspect that came into play here. Even being in a verbally volatile situation may have violated Taylor's probation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.