I'm sick of ESPN's biased opinions

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
yes and as i stated on this thread earlier... everyone here.. tore auburn up for admitting SCAM.. as they should. WE have to be honest and call them the same, no matter what school did it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I got admitted to South Alabama this semester, I didn't even graduate high school. I was surprised by how easy it was to get in (they really don't seem to look that hard), and while I don't have a conviction, my brother does and he went on to get a college degree and serve in the military (which by the way also doesn't mind giving second chances). I just don't think a lot of people understand how lenient universities are and how likely they are to give second chances. To pretend that they only do it for football players is a joke, because people who committed far, far worse crimes than the ones in question here have been treated far, far better.
Military does give many second chances, but a lingering DV they wont. The reason is because a DV will take guns away from you even at the misdemeanor level. the Lautenberg Amendment

A far as university admissions boards I really cant answer that because I honestly dont know. But I'm sure it is a case by case basis, and I have no doubt that CNS had pull with admissions to get Taylor. Not to be short... but you can say that it had all the potential in the world, but it had a bad result

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
yes and as i stated on this thread earlier... everyone here.. tore auburn up for admitting SCAM.. as they should. WE have to be honest and call them the same, no matter what school did it.
That's a different issue from the one I was discussing. People who have kept to the moral high ground the whole time certainly have a right to say I told you so. Right or wrong, I imagine Saban will be more reluctant with second chances in the future.

But I'm sure it is a case by case basis, and I have no doubt that CNS had pull with admissions to get Taylor.
I'm sure he could, but my argument (and this was brought upon in large part by drivel on the radio) was that he could get into colleges all over America without anyone pulling strings. Who pulled strings to get him into junior college? There's absolutely no proof of preferential treatment. That might be wrong, may be no college in America should touch him, but without a doubt that's not reality.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm sure he could, but my argument (and this was brought upon in large part by drivel on the radio) was that he could get into colleges all over America without anyone pulling strings. Who pulled strings to get him into junior college? There's absolutely no proof of preferential treatment. That might be wrong, may be no college in America should touch him, but without a doubt that's not reality.
Well junior colleges are way different. Junior colleges are designed to improve on people who cant get into four year universities. A junior college is a glorified community college. The state of Alabama has one junior college and that is Marion. It has the same admission requirements as all community colleges in alabama. So therefore it can be assumed that they are willing to overlook criminal charges since the whole point of 2 year colleges is to provide every individual with an affordable basic education. There are some exceptions such as Nursing , technical Trades, and etc. But more or less for people with the intent to transfer.
Bigger four universities are more selective on who they let in. I really dont know how Alabama decides on who and who doesnt get in, but a 57% acceptance rate does seem to indicate that there is a more selective system. Now are Felony records a part of that system??? I really dont know, and Im not going to pretend to know you would have to ask someone in "The Know" or actually sit down with the Registar.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
ESPN can say whatever they wish.

When someone else wins three in four or four in whenever we win the next one, they can talk. Until then - it's just talk.

Roll Tide.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
You guys remember when I was telling yall about how crappy reddit was and their biases against all things Crimson tide? Well they updated their front page banner to show all Script A's and our logo all strewn across the banner with links to every humiliating on field event from the last few seasons. I really hope we win the natty this season just to rub it in everyone's stupid faces.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Saban thought the kid was worth saving
That's the crimson slant ESPN should run with!

There's plenty of praise and equal contempt for Saban and Alabama. We make good headlines and sensationalism is the way the media attracts viewers.

Krazy made some good points, and the question about should UofA football team hold itself to a higher standard.

My post is just a lighthearted way of poking fun at Media and their sensationalism for viewership.
Had they thought it through, by praising Saban and Alabama for giving a troubled young man a 2nd chance at fulfilling his dream they could join us in our glory of negative publicity and gain free advertisement.

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Ever since our game against OSU, I have not watched ESPN or really listened to sports radio. It has been a nice break for me. I get my info from Twitter or from here.

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Just to be clear, I was not watching Sports center....I tuned in for CNS's press conference...I got up to goto the kitchen and they went back to studio and started discussing it with Paul Finebaum. and I overheard it....I don't watch those kinds of shows or read trash sports journalism.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.