I'm sick of ESPN's biased opinions

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Unless there is a Bama game on ESPN or one of it's affiliates, I will no longer watch any of their channels. I will not support a network that bashes a good moral coach the way they did Nick Saban after his press conference today. Nick is a good Christian and moral person who believes in giving kids second chances. I think we all have had a 2nd chance or two in our lifetime. ...and myself, sometimes more. ESPN is trying to blow this out of extreme proportion with the Johnathan Taylor DOMViolence case. And such people as Paul Finebaum with his biased Media opinion is what's wrong with sports today. I don't condone what Taylor did, and neither did Coach Saban...that's why Saban dismissed him. but before Nick tried to help him and give him a second chance when he was dismissed from Georgia. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. I've been in Law Enforcement for 20 years and given several 2nd chances to people over my career. Some have heeded the opportunity and some didn't. That doesn't make me wrong for believing that someone could correct their behavior and better themselves. AND...For Paul Finebaum to say Saban's arrogant and afraid of hurting his recruiting is ludicrous!!! I know alotta times they do and say things to get ratings, but when I heard this today after his press conference they peed in my cornflakes! I was hot! I think Coach Saban is a great role model for kids and young adults and sees the best in everyone and really wants to see them succeed. To heck with ESPN.:mad:

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
Unfortunately, we loaded the gun with bullets and handed it to 'em.

Really wish we hadn't taken this risk.

You'd think the ESPN types would all be down in Tallahassee hounding Jimbo over allowing Winston to actually play after all his transgressions.

Thank God, Taylor never played a down.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Unless there is a Bama game on ESPN or one of it's affiliates, I will no longer watch any of their channels. I will not support a network that bashes a good moral coach the way they did Nick Saban after his press conference today. Nick is a good Christian and moral person who believes in giving kids second chances. I think we all have had a 2nd chance or two in our lifetime. ...and myself, sometimes more. ESPN is trying to blow this out of extreme proportion with the Johnathan Taylor DOMViolence case. And such people as Paul Finebaum with his biased Media opinion is what's wrong with sports today. I don't condone what Taylor did, and neither did Coach Saban...that's why Saban dismissed him. but before Nick tried to help him and give him a second chance when he was dismissed from Georgia. Unfortunately, it didn't work out. I've been in Law Enforcement for 20 years and given several 2nd chances to people over my career. Some have heeded the opportunity and some didn't. That doesn't make me wrong for believing that someone could correct their behavior and better themselves. AND...For Paul Finebaum to say Saban's arrogant and afraid of hurting his recruiting is ludicrous!!! I know alotta times they do and say things to get ratings, but when I heard this today after his press conference they peed in my cornflakes! I was hot! I think Coach Saban is a great role model for kids and young adults and sees the best in everyone and really wants to see them succeed. To heck with ESPN.:mad:
Well, you have to look at it in terms of what sells and what doesnt. If they state the obvious in that Alabama is the premier program in the country, with the best coach, and the best facilities then who does it appeal to besides the better part of Alabama and a few college sports communities around the nation. Overall it would be hello captain obvious and the same thing that we have been hearing for the last nine years. I actually remember ESPN taking a different stance in the time period between 97-07 when it came to Alabama. We were looked at in the same light as teams like Texas and Notre Dame are now. You have to understand that reporters are like WWE superstars in that there has to be a "head" and "heel" to make things interesting or else there is a loss of interest. For instance, if they didnt hype up Oregon to being "the champ without the Belt" and Alabama being "the beast incarnate" would you ever wish Alabama and Oregon play like you do now? No you wouldnt because it would be no different than Alabama playing Mississippi State. It would just be Alabama's next game in which the other team has a few good players with a semi unique playing style. Do I feel that sometimes these reporters go over the line with some of their reports? Yes I do, but I also understand their logic in trying to make a "dream" matchup that seems to never happen relevant. Look into how ESPN kept the Mayweather vs Pac Man relevant for the last 5 years.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I seem to recall some other programs with a lot worse problems. Nothing to see here, move along. Just a bunch of talking heads angry because Saban made them look like fools by staying at Bama instead of going to tecas or somethin tss tss

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Anyone who didn't see this coming as soon as Taylors' arrest became known simply isn't paying attention.

Don't agree with it, but this sort of reaction was as predictable as predictable gets.

Unfortunately.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
This too will pass. It is annoying but as someone above said, there are worse things. It is a slow time in the sports world today. Their attention will move on to another topic to be exploited.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
You'll stop getting frustrated with ESPN, Finebaum, etc when you realize these shows are more about entertainment and getting viewers/listeners than anything else..

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
CrimsonForce I agree, I know they are just that, entertainment, and jokes etc. etc. etc. but when they attack a man's character like CNS's it appalls me and makes me sick to see what so called sports "entertainment" has become.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
CrimsonForce I agree, I know they are just that, entertainment, and jokes etc. etc. etc. but when they attack a man's character like CNS's it appalls me and makes me sick to see what so called sports "entertainment" has become.
Ok then how is this anything new? They attacked his character three times in 07 when 1. He "wasn't going to alabama" 2. When he said coon butt, and 3. The 9/11 speech. After and in between those periods they have him tremendous praise when he beat Tennessee and gave the eventual champ one of the biggest fights with a far and away less talented and less experienced team.

Then they said in 14 that CNS was scared of Gus and the hunh, and was on to him for hiring the "biggest cancer" as an oc, but then proceeded to praise him him for giving CLK a second chance when no one else would.

So those are two years where they more or less challenged his character, but they also switched their stances as well. It's not all bias as some people are taking it, but more or less what story is most relevant at the time.

When you are the king of the hill you really don't need positive things said about you because it is more or less a known thing and doesn't have to be overstated. So it's more profitable if someone questions your legitimacy through mudslinging and hypes up another challenger to potentially take your place. Really ask Ali how many positive things were said about him and how many times his character was brought into question.

If you can't take it is for what it's worth, then stop reading or watching things that come from ESPN, FOX, and bleacher report because yellow journalism and mudslinging is how they stay employed. Til Alabama starts to regress you can expect it

Last edited:

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Ok then how is this anything new? They attacked his character three times in 07 when 1. He "wasn't going to alabama" 2. When he said coon butt, and 3. The 9/11 speech. After and in between those periods they have him tremendous praise when he beat Tennessee and gave the eventual champ one of the biggest fights with a far and away less talented and less experienced team.

Then they said in 14 that CNS was scared of Gus and the hunh, and was on to him for hiring the "biggest cancer" as an oc, but then proceeded to praise him him for giving CLK a second chance when no one else would.

So those are two years where they more or less challenged his character, but they also switched their stances as well. It's not all bias as some people are taking it, but more or less what story is most relevant at the time.

When you are the king of the hill you really don't need positive things said about you because it is more or less a known thing and doesn't have to be overstated. So it's more profitable if someone questions your legitimacy through mudslinging and hypes up another challenger to potentially take your place. Really ask Ali how many positive things were said about him and how many times his character was brought into question.

If you can't take it is for what it's worth, then stop reading or watching things that come from ESPN, FOX, and bleacher report because yellow journalism and mudslinging is how they stay employed. Til Alabama starts to regress you can expect it
You're right CF, and I agree....I remember all those times they've bashed him in the past. I'm just sick of it, because he's a good man and deserves better. I don't follow ESPN or FOX or bleacher report or any of them stupid sports shows especially CFB live. I think their trash sports journalism. The only reason I tuned in was the press conference, and when it was over I shoulda flipped the channel.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Just don't read the Facebook comments beneath the ESPN articles, unless you really want a headache.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I just do not understand why people on here watch ESPN, knowing what they will discuss, knowing it will be an attack on CNS and Alabama, and then get mad. Learn to live without ESPN except to watch a game. When it comes times for theses type discussions and comments hit the mute button or change channels your BP will thank you.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't like politics, and I definitely don't want my sports politicized, so I avoid ESPN.

If you must watch ESPN for their highlights or for a game, best to simply hit the mute button before switching over.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Substitute Fisher and Winston, Chizik and Newton, the NFL and Ray Rice. Heck, substitute a politician who had done the same thing.

We are not being singled out. We took a risk for good reasons or for nothing more or less than a acquiring a better nose tackle, and it didn't pay off.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Substitute Fisher and Winston, Chizik and Newton, the NFL and Ray Rice. Heck, substitute a politician who had done the same thing.

We are not being singled out. We took a risk for good reasons or for nothing more or less than a acquiring a better nose tackle, and it didn't pay off.

It`s really not much more than this, IMHO, when you distill it down to its purest essence. As far as people jumping on CNS and Alabama, all I can say is, " It`s good to be king." If this happened at Kentucky or Vandy, you think anybody would give a damn? I don`t.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
ok, so what is more important? ESPN having their cheap headline for the day at Saban's expense? or a human life? Saban has been their favorite whipping boy many MANY times during his time at Alabama and although I think it annoys Saban he isn't going to let THEM dictate or even influence his actions.

Saban thought the kid was worth saving and it turned out he's just too messed up. It's sad. It didn't happen in a vacume. People aren't born evil they become that way because of what's around them. But as people become adults it no longer matters why they are the way they are they still have a choice. This guy made the wrong choice AGAIN and he will likely never recover from this one. The NFL probably won't touch him now. Maybe if he were a QB or something but a DL? not a chance. Too many other choices out there.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
I wonder what idiots like Finebaum or ESPN would have said IF, Jonathan Taylor did abide by the rules, went to his counseling sessions, graduated from college went on to do work n the community for battered and abused women and children using himself as an example of "you can change" and not only that became one of the biggest advocates for abused women nationwide, helped establish the biggest charity and outreach program nationwide and became a fine upstanding citizen? well, really, we know they would never say "all because Coach Saban gave him a second chance".

Saint Bowden at FSU was the king of fourth chances and espn loved him. heck his idea of team discipline...the starting QB tries cashing fake checks and nothing happens. to him it's character assassination. but that third string long snapper didn't go to his underwater basket weaving class. he gets kicked off the team, because, hey an education is important at FSU...

NCTide

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2014
If you make the decision to bring in a guy like Taylor, you deserve the heat when it backfires.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wonder what idiots like Finebaum or ESPN would have said IF, Jonathan Taylor did abide by the rules, went to his counseling sessions, graduated from college went on to do work n the community for battered and abused women and children using himself as an example of "you can change" and not only that became one of the biggest advocates for abused women nationwide, helped establish the biggest charity and outreach program nationwide and became a fine upstanding citizen? well, really, we know they would never say "all because Coach Saban gave him a second chance".

Saint Bowden at FSU was the king of fourth chances and espn loved him. heck his idea of team discipline...the starting QB tries cashing fake checks and nothing happens. to him it's character assassination. but that third string long snapper didn't go to his underwater basket weaving class. he gets kicked off the team, because, hey an education is important at FSU...
If he and the team did well this season then they probably would've given him a praising story. Look at how they treated Tom Brady the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl this year with deflategate looming overhead, and look at how they treated him after the game. They are two totally different points of view in a matter of two weeks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.