Is there a way to block or filter out posts in threads?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I was trying to find out if there is a way to block out posts from certain posters from threads. Does anyone know? I know that some sites have it to where if you "block" certain posters you can still read the threads but without replies from those posters.

Is that an option on here too?

Thanks!

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I was trying to find out if there is a way to block out posts from certain posters from threads. Does anyone know? I know that some sites have it to where if you "block" certain posters you can still read the threads but without replies from those posters.

Is that an option on here too?

Thanks!
I think you can block specific posters so you don't see any of their posts.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Go to your profile.

On the left, you'll see a link titled "Edit Ignore List." You can add folks that way.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Awesome - thanks I appreciate the help. I just found a way to lower my blood pressure.....that's going to make these threads so much more enjoyable.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Awesome - thanks I appreciate the help. I just found a way to lower my blood pressure.....that's going to make these threads so much more enjoyable.
Can I assume you only want to read someone with whom you already agree? :D I would advise never putting a mod or admin on ignore...

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Can I assume you only want to read someone with whom you already agree? :D I would advise never putting a mod or admin on ignore...
Nah, as you know Earle, I always respect my Admins/Mods.......even if we don't agree.

I do however get tired of being suckered into a mind-numbing argument with someone I don't want to talk to.....and would never talk to, outside of being on a tidefans page.....

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
You can block users. I've treid, but it just junks up the page more IMO. It doesn't totally hide their post. It puts a big grey block where their post was.

Maybe if there are posters on NS that are that disagreeable to you, this isn't the place to be hanging out.:conf3:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You can block users. I've treid, but it just junks up the page more IMO. It doesn't totally hide their post. It puts a big grey block where their post was.

Maybe if there are posters on NS that are that disagreeable to you, this isn't the place to be hanging out.:conf3:
big grey block

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Cajun why don't you try just skipping over their posts? Even the posters who irritate the heck out of me sometimes have good points.

Now I know why I never got any likes on my posts! I'm the only one who can see them!:eek2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.